Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Papas Kitchen
6/10/2011 12:49:57 PM
Hi Phil,

Yes 14 cups of cheese on this recipe would be a bit much. Sorry about that, but it was funny
I corrected the error..

Zucchini and Egg Sandwiches
Seed and chop 1 tomato; drain on paper towels. Beat 8 eggs and 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese and 2 Tbs. chopped parsley. Cut 2 zucchini (about 1lb.) diagonally, into 14"think slices. Toss with 1tsp pepper and 1/4tsp salt. In large skillet, heat 1Tbs oil over medium-high heat. Add single layer of zucchini slices. Cook in batches, turning once until tender, about 2 minutes per side; transfer to plate. In skillet heat 1Tbs oil over medium heat. Add egg mixture. Cook, stirring, until cooked through, about 2 minutes, adding zucchini during last 30 seconds to heat through. Stir in tomato. Divide among 4 toasted 8" long hoagie rolls.
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
6/10/2011 1:11:05 PM

Good Friday Morning Phil & Friends!

Myrna, you got a giggle from here on those 14 cups of cheese!! Sounds delicious for a sandwich though.

Phil, this one looks like a great meal to me - even without the steak one above.

It will so good when our peppers and tomatoes start making fruit. The asparagus was good while it lasted, for now it is to the grocery store for all veggies.

Thank you for comment on Gus & puppy in FB. He still has not named her but she is just the cutest thing with her little (?) fat belly!!

Have a wonderful Friday and great weekend!

Love,

Sara

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/10/2011 1:29:48 PM
Hi Sara,

A giggle is good, keep life more interesting, don't you agree. Right now I could just laugh and laugh. I think it so funny.
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/11/2011 5:20:36 PM

Hi Myrna,

Yes, my Friend, that was funny, but I'm afraid that 14 cups would have even been too much for my Third Wife, the Italian, who really loved her Parmesan Cheese. Speaking of Italians, here's a recipe for a Spicy Seafood Stew, that I orginally got from my ex-Wife. This zippy stew is very easy and quick to prepare. The hardest part is peeling and dicing the potatoes, and even that can be done the night before. Just place the potatoes in water and store them in the refrigerator overnight to speed up assembly the next day.

Spicy Seafood Stew

Ingredients

• 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and diced
  • 1 pound carrots, sliced
  • 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
  • 2 jars (6 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
  • 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1-1/2 cups water
  • 1 pound sea scallops
  • 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined

Directions

• In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 4-1/2 to 5 hours or until potatoes are tender.
  • Stir in the water, scallops and shrimp. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until scallops are opaque and shrimp turn pink. Serves 9.

Again, as promised, another Vegetarian Dish, in keeping with the Italian Theme. This family favorite is especially fun to make when your garden is full of fresh vegetables. It's quick to fix, delicious, and always different, whenever you can just choose the vegetables that have ripened that day. Hint: The local Farmers Market is always my first stop of the morning.

Angel Hair Pasta with Garden Vegetables

Ingredients

• 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
  • 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
  • 1 cup thinly sliced fresh carrots
  • 1 cup fresh snow peas
  • 1 cup chopped sweet yellow, red or green pepper
  • 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 teaspoons cornstarch
  • 1 cup vegetable broth or chicken broth
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions

• Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms, carrots, snow peas, yellow pepper, basil and garlic in oil for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
  • In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth and salt until smooth; gradually stir into the vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender and sauce is thickened.
  • Remove from the heat; stir in tomatoes. Drain pasta; divide among four plates. Top with vegetable mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Serves 4.

Have A Terrific Weekend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/12/2011 10:27:48 PM
Hello My Friends,

The warm weather just makes me want to bring out the Grill as often as possible and what's better than a sirloin steak cooked to perfection on the grill? A sirloin steak cooked to perfection on the grill and then brushed with this yummy butter sauce laced with lots of garlic!

Sirloin Steak with Garlic Butter

Ingredients

• 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 3 pounds beef top sirloin steaks
  • salt and pepper to taste

Directions

1. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
  2. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat with garlic powder and minced garlic. Set aside.
  3. Sprinkle both sides of each steak with salt and pepper.
  4. Grill steaks 4 to 5 minutes per side, or to desired doneness. When done, transfer to warmed plates. Brush tops liberally with garlic butter, and allow to rest for 2 to 3 minutes before serving. Serves 6.
Try these along with some Onion Baked Potatoes for a real treat. When we were growing up, my mother often fixed these potatoes when we grilled outdoors. This tasty treatment requires just a few ingredients.

Grilled Onion Potatoes

Ingredients

• 6 medium baking potatoes
  • 1-1/4 small onion, sliced
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1-1/4 (8 ounce) bottles zesty Italian dressing

Directions

1. Cut each potato into five slices. Place onion between slices and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Reassemble each potato; place on a double layer of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square)
  2. Pour 2-4 tablespoons of salad dressing over each potato. Wrap foil around potatoes and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 50-60 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Serves 6.

Have A Great Week My Friends.

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!