Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Healthy Crockpot Recipes - High Flavor, Low Sodium, Low Fat
8/15/2011 8:24:12 PM

Hello Friends,

These are the most tender and succulent pork chops you've ever had. My family absolutely loves them! Serve over either noodles or rice.

Sour Cream Pork Chops

Ingredients

• 6 pork chops
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • garlic powder to taste
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 large onion, sliced 1/4 inch thick
  • 2 cubes chicken bouillon
  • 2 cups boiling water
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
  • Directions

1. Season pork chops with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and then dredge in 1/2 cup flour. In a skillet over medium heat, lightly brown chops in a small amount of oil.
    2. Place chops in slow cooker, and top with onion slices. Dissolve bouillon cubes in boiling water and pour over chops. Cover, and cook on Low 7 to 8 hours.
    3. Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
    4. After the chops have cooked, transfer chops to the oven to keep warm. Be careful, the chops are so tender they will fall apart. In a small bowl, blend 2 tablespoons flour with the sour cream; mix into meat juices. Turn slow cooker to High for 15 to 30 minutes, or until sauce is slightly thickened. Serve sauce over pork chops. Serves 6.

Have A Great Week,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
    +0
    Phillip Black

5931 Posts
    Invite Me as a Friend
    Top 50 Poster
    Person Of The Week
    8/18/2011 12:57:31 AM

Hello My Friends,

I ran across this Recipe the other day and when I remembered how good it was, I almost went back to eating Beef. Best home made Italian Beef I ever had. My mom always made it and passed it down to me. I think it's just so good that I wanted everyone to enjoy it.

Original Homemade Italian Beef

Ingredients

• 3 pounds beef chuck roast
    • 3 (1 ounce) packages dry Italian salad dressing mix
    • 1 cup water
    • 1 (16 ounce) jar pepperoncini peppers
    • 8 hamburger buns, split

Directions

1. Place the roast into a slow cooker, and season with Italian dressing mix. Pour in the water. Cover, and cook on High for 6 to 7 hours. During the last hour, shred the meat with two forks - if it does not shred easily, cook longer. Add the peppers, and as much of the juice as you like for additional flavor. Serve on buns.

Hope Your Week's Terrific,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
    +0
    Phillip Black

5931 Posts
    Invite Me as a Friend
    Top 50 Poster
    Person Of The Week
    8/19/2011 1:22:10 PM

Hello Friends,

Today's Slow Cooker Meal features some Creamy Chicken together with some Fresh Broccoli for good health. Easy and delicious!

Cream Cheese Chicken with Broccoli

Ingredients

4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces
      1 tablespoon olive oil
      1 package (1 ounce) Italian salad dressing mix
      2 cups sliced mushrooms
      1 cup chopped onion
      1 can (10 3⁄4 ounces) condensed low-fat cream of chicken soup, undiluted 1 bag (10 ounces) frozen broccoli florets, thawed
      1 package (8 ounces) low-fat cream cheese, cubed
      1⁄4 cup dry sherry
      Hot cooked pasta

Directions

1. Toss chicken with olive oil. Sprinkle with Italian salad dressing mix. Place in 5-quart CROCK-POT® slow cooker. Cover; cook on LOW 3 hours.
    2. Coat large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add mushrooms and onion; cook 5 minutes over medium heat or until onions are tender, stirring occasionally.
    3. Add soup, broccoli, cream cheese and sherry to skillet; cook and stir until hot. Transfer to 4 1⁄2-quart CROCK-POT® slow cooker. Cover; cook on LOW 1 hour. Serve chicken and sauce over pasta. Serves 10-12.

Have A Happy Friday Friends,

Phil

+0
    Phillip Black

5931 Posts
    Invite Me as a Friend
    Top 50 Poster
    Person Of The Week
    8/20/2011 11:02:51 PM

Hello Everyone,

Here's an easy recipe with very little preparation time. This can be made with either ground beef or ground turkey, and it tastes even better the next day. Of course, we've got to have Corn Bread if we've got Chili!

The Ultimate Chili

Ingredients

• 1 pound lean ground beef or ground turkey
    • salt and pepper to taste
    • 3 (15 ounce) cans dark red kidney beans
    • 3 (14.5 ounce) cans Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
    • 2 stalks celery, chopped
    • 1 red bell pepper, chopped
    • 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
    • 2 tablespoons chili powder
    • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
    • 1 teaspoon dried parsley
    • 1 teaspoon dried basil
    • 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
    • 1/2 cup red wine

Directions

1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef until evenly browned. Drain off grease, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
    2. In a slow cooker, combine the cooked beef, kidney beans, tomatoes, celery, red bell pepper, and red wine vinegar. Season with chili powder, cumin, parsley, basil and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to distribute ingredients evenly.
    3. Cook on High for 6 hours, or on Low for 8 hours. Pour in the wine during the last 2 hours

This is my grandmother's cornbread recipe and it's the best - sweet and moist.

Buttermilk Cornbread

Ingredients

• 1/2 cup butter
    • 2/3 cup white sugar
    • 2 eggs
    • 1 cup buttermilk
    • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    • 1 cup cornmeal
    • 1 cup all-purpose flour
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease an 8 inch square pan.
    2. Melt butter in large skillet. Remove from heat and stir in sugar. Quickly add eggs and beat until well blended. Combine buttermilk with baking soda and stir into mixture in pan. Stir in cornmeal, flour, and salt until well blended and few lumps remain. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
    3. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Slice into 9 squares.

Have A Super Saturday.

Phil

+0
    Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
    Invite Me as a Friend
    Top 25 Poster
    Person Of The Week
    8/21/2011 1:51:46 AM
    Hi Phil,

I love chili and corn bread. Your corn bread recipe sounds better then mine. I will try it.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
    +0

facebook
    Like us on Facebook!