Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Healthy Crockpot Recipes - High Flavor, Low Sodium, Low Fat
5/17/2011 11:19:43 PM

Hello My Friends,

If your family loves Ribs as much as mine does, here's one that you've just got to try. Slow-cooked in a mouthwatering sauce seasoned with thyme and garlic, these tender short ribs are full of flavor.

Melt-In-Your-Mouth Short Ribs

Ingredients

• 4 pounds beef short ribs, cut into serving-sized pieces
  • 2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1-1/4 teaspoons dried thyme leaves, crushed
  • 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1-1/4 (10.5 ounce) cans Campbell's® Condensed French Onion Soup
  • 1-1/4 (12 fluid ounce) bottles dark ale or beer
  • Hot mashed potatoes or egg noodles

Directions

1. Place the beef into a 3 1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker. Add the brown sugar, garlic, thyme and flour. Toss to coat. Stir the soup and ale in a small bowl. Pour over the beef.
  2. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours* or until the beef is fork-tender. Serve with the mashed potatoes. Serves 8.

Hope That Your Week Is Great,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/18/2011 8:11:32 PM

Hello My Friends,

Today, I've shared an old standby favorite around my house. It's an old recipe I've used for years. Sauerkraut and pork sausage, cooked slowly in a slow cooker.

Slow Cooker Sauerkraut and Sausage

Ingredients

• 1-1/4 (20 ounce) cans sauerkraut (Or Fresh in Bag In the Meat Department)
  • 1/4 cup and 2 teaspoons brown sugar
  • 1-3/4 pounds ground pork sausage
  • 1-1/4 onion, sliced

Directions

1. In a medium bowl, combine the sauerkraut and brown sugar. then place in slow cooker. Arrange the sausage and onion over the sauerkraut.
  2. Cook on high for two hours, check for dryness, adding some water if necessary, then reduce to low setting, and cook on low for two more hours. Serves 6.

Have A Wonderful Wednesday,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/19/2011 1:45:22 AM

It's one of my favorites, Phil.. We just had it last week. Yum! I've been dieting and had to skip the mashed potatoes, but the rest was really good. We have it with a side of applesauce and corn bread muffins. With my schedule, the crock pot is getting used frequently.

Thanks for recipes, my friend. I am gonna pick out a couple and give them a try!! I think you like to cook more than I do!

Hugs and blessings, Phil!

Judy

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/20/2011 7:02:17 PM

Hi Judy,

It so nice of you to stop by here at the Forum. I've been missing you my Friend. Please feel free to use whatever recipes that you can. I love to cook and I'm afraid that I can never find Folks that like to eat as much as I love to cook. I'm happiest when I can share with my Friends.

I know what you mean about Diets. I've been using a modified version of Weight Watchers, every since my Doctor told me that it was one of the best for Diabetics. Here's a delicious and easy to make Crockpot Weight Watcher's recipe that the whole Family can enjoy. The best part is that it's only One Weight Watcher's Points Plus per serving.

Crockpot Savory Chicken and Vegetables

Ingredients:

8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2 cups chicken broth
1 tsp salt (* I use Salt substitute like Mrs Dash)
1/4 tsp pepper
8 oz pearl onions
6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Bouquet Garni (See below)
1 lb bag baby carrots
1 lb small whole button mushrooms
2 tbsp all purpose flour
2 tbsp cold water

Directions:

1. Place chicken in 5 to 6 quart slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients except mushrooms, flour and water.

2. Cover and cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours or until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.

3. Remove any fat from surface. Remove Bouquet Garni. Stir in mushrooms.

4. Mix flour and water; stir into chicken mixture.

Cover and cook on HIGH 30 minutes or until thickened. Makes 8 Servings

For Bouquet Garni: Tie 4 sprigs parsley, 2 bay leaves and 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves in cheesecloth bag or place in tea ball.

Weight Watchers PointsPlus+= 1 Per Serving: Along with 46 Calories; 3g Fat; 3g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 4mg Cholesterol; 601mg Sodium.*

Have A Happy Friday My Friend,

Phil

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/21/2011 7:37:42 PM

Hello My Friends,

In honor of our Wonderful CEO and Friend Bogdan Fiedur, who spent much of yesterday Evening successfully straigtening out a problem that I was having of not getting my Notifications from Adland, here's one of my favorite ways to eat Kielbasa.

Kielbasa, also called kielbasy or Polish sausage, is a spicy sausage usually made with pork (though beef is sometimes added). It comes in chunky links, and is sold precooked. I make this frequently for parties and I haven't met anyone yet who doesn't like this dish, so I always make plenty! Another bonus is that it is easy to make, and is yet another recipe for your slow cooker.

Candied Kielbasa

Ingredients

• 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar*
  • 3/4 cup ketchup*
  • 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
  • 3 pounds kielbasa sausage, sliced thin

* I use Splenda Brown Sugar substitute & Heinz Low-Sodium Ketchup without any noticeable differance in taste.

Directions

1. In a slow cooker combine the sugar, ketchup and horseradish. Add the sausage, and mix well. Cook on High until it starts to boil. Reduce heat to Low, and cook until sauce thickens, about 45 minutes to 1 hour. As I said, I usually make this for Parties , so this serves 12.

Have A Great Weekend My Friend,

Phil

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!