Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Healthy Crockpot Recipes - High Flavor, Low Sodium, Low Fat
4/29/2011 11:04:50 PM
Hi Phil,

I sure have missed you.
Hear is a recipe for you. This sounds good to me, but I could never use that much. So I will cut this one to 1 eggplant. Hope you like it.

Can't get the picture to cooperate, sorry no pic

Eggplant Parmigiana

Active Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour 45 Minutes
Yield: Serves 8

RECIPE INGREDIENTS
For Sauce:
1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 cans tomatoes, or 10 oz very ripe tomatoes, peeled
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
For Eggplants:
4 eggplants
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup olive oil
6 oz mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/30/2011 10:44:23 PM

Hi Myrna,

Thanks for stopping by and Thanks for the Eggplant Recipe. I love Eggplant, but that does sound like quite a lot, so I believe I would have to adjust it back a little as well.

Here's a simple slow cooker meal. Great for small gatherings, because it makes a ton, however, it freezes well too, for some quick meals later.

Pork Chalupas

Ingredients

• 1 (4 pound) pork shoulder roast
  • 1 pound dried pinto beans
  • 3 (4 ounce) cans diced green chile peppers
  • 2 tablespoons chili powder
  • 2 tablespoons ground cumin
  • 2 tablespoons salt
  • 2 tablespoons dried oregano
  • 2 tablespoons garlic powder
  • 16 flour tortillas

Directions

1. Place the roast inside a slow cooker coated with cooking spray. In a separate bowl, stir together the beans, 2 cans of the chile peppers, chili powder, cumin, salt, oregano, and garlic powder. Pour the whole mixture over the roast, and add enough water so that the roast is mostly covered. Jiggle the roast a little to get some of the liquid underneath.
  2. Cover, and cook on Low for 8 to 9 hours. Check after about 5 hours to make sure the beans have not absorbed all of the liquid. Add more water if necessary 1 cup at a time. Use just enough to keep the beans from drying out.
  3. When the roast is fork-tender, remove it from the slow cooker, and place on a cutting board. Remove any bone and fat, then shred with forks. Return to the slow cooker, and stir in the remaining can of green chilies. Heat through, and serve with flour tortillas and your favorite toppings.

Yield 16 Servings

Have A Great Weekend My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/2/2011 6:47:23 PM
Hi Phil,

Here are those good coconut cookies. The more I use coconut oil and coconut in everything the more I like it. It is so good for you. Plus it will help you to lose weight. I just found out the other day that coconut oil is good for diabetes. Adding link maybe it will help someone. http://www.coconutoil.com/diabetes.htm

Maple-Cinnamon Coconut Cookies

Servings: 20 cookies
Preparation Time: 15 minutes

Cookies:

Maple-Cinnamon Icing:

Combine all ingredients for cookies. Roll into balls, place on a wax-paper lined flat surface and press into a round cookie shape.

Combine ingredients for glaze in a food processor. Pipe onto cookies. Top with nuts if desired. Freeze until hardened.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/2/2011 6:56:51 PM
what yummy food you 2 have been posting. i'm not a fan of egg plant though. wonder if MYRNA"S dish could be made with zuchinni????

thanks friends for the great recipes.
pat
I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/10/2011 11:51:43 PM

Hello My Friends,

Seems that I've been neglecting this Forum and Posting mostly over at Papa's Kitchen. Let's see what we can do about that.

Here's a very easy, tasty Pot Roast for a Special Dinner. The best thing is that it uses things that even a kitchen novice should probably have in the kitchen, yet it tastes like a Chef prepared the meal.

Slow Cooker Mock-Roast

Ingredients

• 1 pound beef sirloin roast
  • 1 pinch seasoned salt, or to taste
  • 1 pinch ground black pepper, or to taste
  • 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
  • 3/4 cup chopped onion
  • 1/4 cup chopped carrot
  • 1/4 cup chopped celery
  • 4 large potatoes, cubed
  • 6 carrots, cut into bite-size pieces
  • 2 teaspoons dried Italian herb seasoning
  • 2 teaspoons dried parsley
  • 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
  • 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle caffeinated citrus-flavored soda (such as Mountain Dew®)
  • 4 1/2 teaspoons steak sauce (such as A1 Steak Sauce®)

Directions

1. Sprinkle the beef with seasoned salt and black pepper to taste. Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat, and brown the roast on all sides, about 3 minutes per side. Place the browned roast into a slow cooker, and sprinkle the onion, chopped carrot, and celery over the meat. Scatter the potatoes and carrot pieces over the other ingredients, sprinkle on the Italian seasoning, parsley, and celery salt, and pour the can of soda over everything. Sprinkle the steak sauce on top.
  2. Cover, and cook on Low setting for 8 hours.

Have A Marvelous Monday,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!