Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Bogdan Fiedur

4629 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Healthy Crockpot Recipes - High Flavor, Low Sodium, Low Fat
5/21/2011 10:15:04 PM
Thanks Phil for the polish kielbasa recipe.

I will try it out, or better said I will suggest it to my wife so she can make it.

Bogdan
Hello
+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/22/2011 1:24:30 AM
LOLOL..... Bogdan, your remark was funny. i think you and your wife should make the polish sausage dish together. it's so much fun to cook with your spouse....

from the looks of it, this is one SWEET dish!! makes me want it right this minute!! thank you phil for the recipe. i think it will go over GOOD at my annual CHRISTMAS party. thanks to both of you for keeping phil's FOOD thread one of the most fun in adland.

pat

Candied Kielbasa

Ingredients

• 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar*
  • 3/4 cup ketchup*
  • 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
  • 3 pounds kielbasa sausage, sliced thin

* I use Splenda Brown Sugar substitute & Heinz Low-Sodium Ketchup without any noticeable differance in taste.

Directions

1. In a slow cooker combine the sugar, ketchup and horseradish. Add the sausage, and mix well. Cook on High until it starts to boil. Reduce heat to Low, and cook until sauce thickens, about 45 minutes to 1 hour. As I said, I usually make this for Parties , so this serves 12.

Quote:
Thanks Phil for the polish kielbasa recipe.

I will try it out, or better said I will suggest it to my wife so she can make it.

Bogdan
I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/22/2011 3:50:00 AM

Hi Pat & Bogdan,

Yes Pat , I noticed that Bogdan was going to get his wife to help him. That's perfectly fair. I used to let my Wife help me as well, but I simply don't have a Wife any longer to help me, and I still love to eat. LOL!

Bogdan here's another Kielbasa recipe that's too easy not to try. It's a delicious, minimal prep recipe to serve either as a side dish with dinner, or for company!

Slow Cooker Kielbasa and Beer

Ingredients

• 1 pound kielbasa sausage, cut into 1 inch pieces
  • 1/2 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
  • 1/2 (20 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained (Or a Bag Of Fresh from the Meat Market at your local store)

Directions

1. In a slow cooker combine sausage, beer and sauerkraut. Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours, until the meat is tender and plump. Serves 8.

Have A Wonderful Sunday My Friends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/22/2011 8:42:53 PM

Hello My Friends,

Here's another Healthy and yet easy to make Crockpot Weight Watcher's recipe that your whole Family should enjoy.

Crock Pot Spicy Shrimp and Chicken

Ingredients

1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
4 oz smoked turkey sausage
1 cup chopped bell pepper
1 cup thin sliced celery
1 cup chopped onion
1 (14 1/2 oz) can low salt diced tomatoes,
undrained

1 (10 oz) can undrained Rotel* tomatoes &
green chiles

2 tbsp quick tapioca
1 tsp dried basil, crushed
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
4 oz frozen peeled and deveined medium
shrimp, thawed

2 cups frozen cut okra
3 cups hot cooked brown rice

Directions

1. Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Halve sausage lengthwise and cut into 1/2 inch thick slices. In a 3 1/2 or 4 quart slow cooker, combine chicken, sausage, sweet pepper, celery and onion. Stir in diced tomatoes, Rotel tomatoes and green chile peppers, tapioca, basil and cayenne pepper.

2. Cover and cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours.

3. If using LOW setting, after 6 to 8 hours turn to HIGH setting and stir in shrimp and okra. Cover and cook about 30 minutes more or until shrimp are opaque. Serve with hot cooked brown rice.

Yield: 6 servings. Serving Size = 1 1/3 cups chicken mixture plus 1/2 cup rice.

Each Serving has 8 Weight Watchers Points Plus Per Serving, along with 319 Calories, 6 g Total Fat, 1g Saturated Fat, 104 mg Cholesterol, 40g Carbohydrate, 6g Fiber and 27g Protein.

Have A Wonderful Week My Friends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/23/2011 5:35:29 PM

Hello My Friends,

There are any number of ways to make jambalaya, but whatever you choose to add to make it your special dish, I just know it will be delicious. I don’t always know what is going to end up in mine, but it usually involves chicken and shrimp. Here's another dish from my Weight Watchers Cookbook that's fast becoming a favorite of mine.

Chicken and Shrimp Jambalaya

Ingredients

2 cups thinly sliced celery
2 cups chopped onion
1 14 1/2-ounce can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/2 of a 6-ounce can (1/3 cup) no-salt-added tomato paste
1 recipe Homemade Salt-Free Cajun Seasoning (* See Below)

2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves or thighs, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
1 1/2 cups quick-cooking brown rice
3/4 cup chopped green, red, and/or yellow sweet pepper
8 ounces cooked, peeled and deveined shrimp
2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
Celery leaves (optional)

Homemade Salt-Free Cajun Seasoning Recipe:

In a small bowl, stir together 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, and 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Directions

1. In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, stir together celery, onion, undrained tomatoes, broth, tomato paste.

2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 hours.

3. If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. Stir in uncooked rice and sweet pepper. Cover and cook about 30 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Stir in shrimp and parsley. If desired, garnish individual servings with celery leaves. Makes 8 (1 1/2-cup) servings.

Have A Terrific Week,

Phil

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!