Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Healthy Crockpot Recipes - High Flavor, Low Sodium, Low Fat
9/29/2010 5:28:48 PM

Hello My Friends,

Here's an easy variation of a favorite Recipe of mine. I used to prepare it in the traditional way, with Sour Cream, but I didn't have any one night, so I used Cream Cheese instead,. My family liked it even better! Serve over hot, cooked egg noodles or rice.

Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff

Ingredients

• 1 pound cubed beef stew meat
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can low-sodium condensed golden mushroom soup
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 4 ounces cream cheese

Directions

1. In a slow cooker, combine the meat, soup, onion, Worcestershire sauce and water.
  2. Cook on Low setting for 8 hours, or on High setting for about 5 hours. Stir in cream cheese just before serving.

Have A Terrific Week,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/2/2010 8:57:52 PM

Hello Friends,

A wonderful Italian neighbor once showed me how to make this recipe after I commented on how good it made the neighborhood smell when she had her windows open when she made it. This American-Italian term refers to food prepared 'hunter-style,' with mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, various herbs, and sometimes wine. I found adding cheese gave it something special, it also made it my own.

Slow Cooker Pork Cacciatore

Ingredients

• 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 onion, sliced
  • 4 boneless pork chops
  • 1 (28 ounce) jar pasta sauce
  • 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
  • 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
  • 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
  • 2 large cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/2 cup dry white wine
  • 4 slices mozzarella cheese

Directions

1. In a large skillet, brown chops over medium-high heat. Transfer to slow cooker.
  2. In the same pan, cook onion in oil over medium heat until browned. Stir in mushrooms and bell pepper, and cook until these vegetables are soft. Mix in pasta sauce, diced tomatoes, and white wine. Season with Italian seasoning, basil, and garlic. Pour over pork chops in slow cooker.
  3. Cook on Low for 7 to 8 hours. To serve, place a slice of cheese over each chop, and cover with sauce.

Have A Beautiful Fall Weekend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/3/2010 6:14:39 PM

Hello My Friends,

This slow cooked stew recipe is similar to a Southwestern white chili. The refrigerated Alfredo sauce gives it a creamy texture. This is a very easy and delicious meal. I make white rice to pour it over. Sometimes I also use cilantro instead of parsley. Delicious!!!

Chicken and White Bean Stew
Ingredients
2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
2 tsp. ground cumin
1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 10-oz. pkgs. refrigerated light Alfredo sauce
1 15-oz. can Great Northern or white kidney beans (cannellini beans), rinsed and drained
1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup chopped red onion (1 medium)
1 4-oz. can diced green chile peppers
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese or Monterey Jack cheese (1 ounce) (optional)
Fresh parsley leaves (optional)

Directions
1. Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. Sprinkle chicken with cumin and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken, half at a time, in hot oil over medium heat until brown. Place chicken in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Stir in alfredo sauce, beans, broth, onion, chile peppers, and garlic.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2-1/2 hours. If desired, sprinkle each serving with cheese and parsley. Makes 8 servings.

Have A Great Week My Friends,
Phil
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/5/2010 6:27:44 PM

Hello Friends,

Next time you're in the mood for Sandwiches, hope that you'll give this a try. Roast beef cooked in a slow cooker with garlic and pepperoncini makes a delicious and simple filling for gyro sandwiches. Serve on hoagie rolls, or try the soft sandwich buns below. Just add provolone or mozzarella cheese, and your choice of condiments. When making the sandwiches, place meat in rolls, cover with cheese, and zap in a microwave for a few seconds. Don't forget to use the pepperoncini in the sandwiches.

Pepperoncini Beef

Ingredients

• 1 (3 pound) beef chuck roast
  • 4 cloves garlic, sliced
  • 1 (16 ounce) jar pepperoncini

Directions

1. Make small cuts in roast, and insert garlic slices in cuts. Place roast in the slow cooker, and pour the entire contents of the jar of pepperoncini, including liquid, over meat.
  2. Cover, and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.

Soft Sandwich Buns

Ingredients

• 1 1/4 cups milk (70 to 80 degrees F)
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3 3/4 cups bread flour
  • 1 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
  • 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted

Directions

1. In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and punch down. Divide dough in half. Roll each portion to 3/4-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on lightly greased baking sheets. Brush tops with melted butter. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.

Have A Terrific Tuesday,

Phil

+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/5/2010 9:58:08 PM
What terrific recipes Phil. Hubby and I are really watching the ol' sodium. I am ASTOUNDED at how much sodium they put in foods....

Go to the frozen food section and see those "easy to fix" dinners. The "this package will feed 2" packages!!! I have seen some that have sodium content of 1390!!!

I will make sure YOUR thread for high flavor and low sodium and fat is in my favorites. You are so great to offer us healthy crock pot dishes. Thank you so much Phil.

Pat

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!