Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Karen Gigikos

1410 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
RE: It's Time To Congratulate PHIL BLACK, The 218th POTW!
2/24/2010 5:18:36 PM
Hi Phil

I got this in my e-mail from my step daughter, I thought you would like to see it.
karen gigikos

How many times does a petty comment

aimed at a stranger really make you wonder?

You Took My Parking Space at Church:

This should wake us up.

One day, a man went to visit a church. He got there early, parked his car and got out. Another car pulled up near the driver got out and said, 'I always park there! You took my place!' The visitor went inside for Sunday school, found an empty seat and sat down. A young lady from the church
approached him and stated, 'That's my seat! You took my place!' The visitor was somewhat distressed by this rude welcome, but said nothing.

After Sunday school, the visitor went into the sanctuary and sat down. Another member walked up to him and said, 'That's where I always sit! You took my place!'

The visitor was even more troubled by this treatment,
but still he said nothing.

Later as the congregation was praying for Christ to dwell among them, the visitor stood up, and his appearance began to change. Horrible scars became visible on his hands and on his sandaled feet.
Someone from the congregation noticed him and called out, 'What happened to you?'

The visitor replied, as his hat became a crown of thorns, and a tear fell from his eye, 'I took your place.'

karen gigikos / black belt grannyHobbies
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/24/2010 7:53:38 PM

Hi Karen,

All I can say is Wow! That is absolutely beautiful. We never know who may may be in our midst now do we. Of course, He doesn't have to be physically amongst us, He knows all and He sees all. Just as He says in Matthew...

"Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." Matthew 25:34-40 (KJV)

Those folks in Church that Sunday morning, were just like so many of us, going through life, day to day, thinking they're leading a Good Christian life, thinking that they're doing all that they should, when they still haven't surrendered to Him, He is still not living in their hearts.

To a large extent, I was just like those folks. I went to Church every Sunday, I taught Sunday School and Bible Study, I sang in the Choir, why, I even Ministered to a Small Congregation on Sunday Mornings. However, I was still trying to do it my way. I had not fully surrendered my Life and my Heart to Him. I thought I was Happy, I thought that I was living for Him. However, that night in the Hospital, that night when The Chaplain got down on the floor with me, that night when we cried together and when we prayed together in Jesus' Name, I felt like shouting Hallelujah, because I finally knew what true Happiness was, His love poured into my Heart, and the Warmth and the Peace which overcame me was like none other that I had ever felt. These days I always want to say Thank You Jesus, and I simply have to tell everyone I meet that He loves them too, and that He was willing to die for their sins, that they may have Eternal life. Praise the Lord.

Thank you my Friend for coming by to visit me here at the Forum, thanks for your kind words of congratulation, thanks for sharing this great story from your stepdaughter, and most of all, thank you for being my Friend.

Thanks Again My Friend & God Bless You,
Phil
“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Beryl Payton

2592 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/24/2010 11:28:34 PM
Hi POTW team,

Wow! Phil I cannot believe that I missed being here to Congratulate you. My computer died on me about a month or so ago, and am just renting this laptop till my brother outside of West DesMoines, IA, either fixes it or builds me a new one. School has also been sucking up a lot of my time, as well as my growing girls.

I am really so happy to see that you received this award, it is a honor that you so well deserve. You are one of the greatest individuals and friends that I know. You have been missed and you are loved. Congratulations, my friend.

Blessings,
Beryl
This Is The Healthy Lifestyle Feature-rich Information Website - Family Owned and Operated Vial Virtual Solutions Helping Business to Achieve Their Dreams
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/25/2010 3:39:51 AM

Hi Beryl,

It was so good to see you back home at Adland again today. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to get back by here until now. It's 10:30 PM here in NC, so I'm sure you've gotten the girls in bed by now, and probably have your nose buried in the schoolbooks.

I hope that you're able to get back by ALP again this week. It really has been great seeing all of my Friends today. I'm still not quite back to a 100% after my Hospital stay, so I have Good Days & Bad Days. Today, with all of my Friends here, it's been a great day!

Thanks For Your Kind Words Of Congratulations & Thanks For Being Such A Terrific Friend

God Bless You, Your Son, & The Girls,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!