Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: The President That Hates His Country By Joan Swirsky
6/19/2011 5:18:39 PM
Hello Evelyn & Friends,

Evelyn your friends article is amazing but there are many other firsts that are missing from the list. The most obvious amongst them is B Hussein being the only American President to bow to different world leaders. The first and most famous bow was to the Saudi King, after that he bowed to the Japanese Emperor, to the Chinese leader and a few other minor persons. So we can legitimately call him Obowma.

You can say he's also the only president to insult America's allies, break international agreements and more. So he's full of firsts and the amazing thing is none of them are good. Ooooops, I forgot he was forced into killing Bin Laden so I guess that's a first too.

Thanks for sharing the info with us Evelyn.

Shalom,

Peter
Quote:
Happy father's day Peter and all you other dads out there. The following post is self explanatory, or at least for most it will be. I received this in an email today from another adlander who is no longer active but we still keep in touch. (Oh the many quality friendships I have made in the 5+ years I have been a member here -priceless) I wish everyone a great week ahead. :)
This is a classic:
Yes, he's historic, alright.

• First President to
Violate the War Powers Act

• First President to Orchestrate the Sale of Murder Weapons to Mexican Drug Cartels

• First President to be Held in Contempt of Court for Illegally Obstructing Oil Drilling in the Gulf of Mexico

• First President to Defy a Federal Judge's Court Order to Cease Implementing the 'Health Care Reform' Law

• First President to Require All Americans to Purchase a Product From a Third Party

• First President to Spend a Trillion Dollars on 'Shovel-Ready' Jobs -- and Later Admitting There Was No Such Thing as Shovel-Ready Jobs

• First President to Abrogate Bankruptcy Law to Turn Over Control of Companies to His Union Supporters

• First President to Demand a Company Hand Over $20 Billion to One of His Political Appointees

• First President to Encourage Racial Discrimination and Intimidation at Polling Places

• First President to Arbitrarily Declare an Existing Law Unconstitutional and Refuse to Enforce It

• First President to Threaten Insurance Companies if they Publicly Speak out on the Reasons for their Rate Increases

• First President to Tell a Major Manufacturing Company In Which State They Are Allowed to Locate a Factory

• First President to Withdraw an Existing Coal Permit That Had Been Properly Issued Years Ago

• First President to Fire an Inspector General of Americorps for Catching One of His Friends in a Corruption Case

• First President to Propose an Executive Order Demanding Companies Disclose Their Political Contributions to Bid on Government Contracts

• First President to Golf 73 Separate Times in His First Two-and-a-Half Years in Office

But remember: he will not rest until all Americans have jobs, affordable homes, green-energy vehicles, and the environment is repaired, etc., etc., etc.

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/19/2011 5:30:35 PM
Hello Friends,

Andrew Klavan's done it again. His last video with his solution for the Middle East went viral and I believe his latest Klavan On The culture will also be a great hit. In it he explains economics in a way anyone can understand it and I highly recommend your watching it.

Shalom,

Peter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr9pAsH-1Ao

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Rick Martin

463 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
6/22/2011 7:18:52 PM
Peter,

I came across this article on Fox News today. It really speaks well to the cunning ability of our Garbage Mouth in Chief to utilize his Community Organizational and I'm running for re-election skills as it pertains to his war in Afghanistan decisions. "Stupid is as Stupid Does". It seams to take the same decisive (NOT) direction of being late to the Party in Libya. I really think a simple castration would help here.

[if !mso]> Opinion

Obama and Afghanistan -- The Careful Management of Failure

By Christian Whiton

Published June 22, 2011

| FoxNews.com

Tonight, President Obama will unveil the latest of his plans for Afghanistan. There is little to indicate any deviation from the policy of managed failure he has employed throughout his presidency.

It is worth recounting the events that led to this, beginning with the U.S. commander in Afghanistan urgently requesting 40,000 – 60,000 additional troops in the fall of 2009 in order to conduct the strategy that President Obama had endorsed. After a lengthy period of dithering, Mr. Obama grudgingly authorized 30,000.

Leon Panetta, then heading up the CIA, now running the Pentagon, told author Bob Woodward that the review process should have taken a week. The Obama White House took three months.

Worse still, the increase came with a poison pill. The surge, diluted as it was, came laced with a narrative of withdrawal. The operation that Obama called a “war of necessity” would be nonetheless curtailed by “offramps” beginning this summer. For enemies who had lasted through a decade of conflict with the U.S., the signal was simple enough: bide your time.

They were not the only ones who took note. The U.S. can rightly complain about the erratic behavior of Afghan President Karzai and the difficulty of having him as a partner. But this was a matter Mr. Obama’s predecessor was nonetheless able to manage. What changed was that Karzai, who knows a political white flag when he sees one, predictably began positioning himself for a post-U.S. Afghanistan. The failure to anticipate this obvious result was one of the president’s many novice moves.

Another unforced error was the pointless public antagonization of Karzai by Vice President Biden and top Obama aides Rahm Emanuel and David Axelrod. They essentially called for the defeat of Karzai ahead of national polls that everyone knew Karzai would win legitimately and overwhelmingly. Why this was supposed to be a smart move by people who see themselves as political masters has never been explained.

This combination of errors further eroded support for the war on Capitol Hill and among the American public. Instead of creating the political space to give the surge time to work, Mr. Obama’s actions did the opposite. This is not what Americans should rightly expect from the man they elect to be their military’s commander in chief.

Fantasists in Washington, including some Beltway Republicans, chose to ignore the rot in the president’s plan. Of the belated decision to send 30,000 troops, one neo-conservative praised Mr. Obama’s “lonely decision,” and wrote: “It seems to me that Obama deserves even more credit for courage than Bush did [for the Iraq surge], for he has risked much more.”

Lost was the key difference that Bush was serious about winning. Obama was not.

Now it appears that cuts in troop strength will arrive right on time by Mr. Obama’s political schedule. Furthermore, a massive reduction by the 2012 U.S. elections seems likely. This comes despite the soothing but apparently misleading mantra by officials like Robert Gates and Hillary Clinton that reductions in force levels in Afghanistan would “depend on the conditions on the ground.”

It did not have to be this way. A stronger leader could have steered clear of both an open-ended U.S. commitment in Afghanistan and the path of managed failure chosen by Mr. Obama.

It is too soon to grasp the fate of Afghanistan, and no one should underestimate the capabilities of our armed forces or overlook the determination of the Afghan people themselves. But President Obama has done little to dispel a well-earned reputation for incompetence in foreign affairs.

Christian Whiton is a former U.S. State Department senior adviser and is a principal at DC International Advisory. He writes frequently for Fox News Opinion. Follow him on Twitter @WhitonDCIA.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/06/22/obama-is-still-employing-policy-managed-failure-in-afghanistan/#ixzz1Q2AjnFGv

Rick

Always Ask What would Christ do and follow your heart.
+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/22/2011 7:34:45 PM
AMEN!!!!

Quote:
Peter,

I came across this article on Fox News today. It really speaks well to the cunning ability of our Garbage Mouth in Chief to utilize his Community Organizational and I'm running for re-election skills as it pertains to his war in Afghanistan decisions. "Stupid is as Stupid Does". It seams to take the same decisive (NOT) direction of being late to the Party in Libya. I really think a simple castration would help here.

[if !mso]> [endif]Opinion

Obama and Afghanistan -- The Careful Management of Failure

By Christian Whiton

Published June 22, 2011

| FoxNews.com

Tonight, President Obama will unveil the latest of his plans for Afghanistan. There is little to indicate any deviation from the policy of managed failure he has employed throughout his presidency.

It is worth recounting the events that led to this, beginning with the U.S. commander in Afghanistan urgently requesting 40,000 – 60,000 additional troops in the fall of 2009 in order to conduct the strategy that President Obama had endorsed. After a lengthy period of dithering, Mr. Obama grudgingly authorized 30,000.

Leon Panetta, then heading up the CIA, now running the Pentagon, told author Bob Woodward that the review process should have taken a week. The Obama White House took three months.

Worse still, the increase came with a poison pill. The surge, diluted as it was, came laced with a narrative of withdrawal. The operation that Obama called a “war of necessity” would be nonetheless curtailed by “offramps” beginning this summer. For enemies who had lasted through a decade of conflict with the U.S., the signal was simple enough: bide your time.

They were not the only ones who took note. The U.S. can rightly complain about the erratic behavior of Afghan President Karzai and the difficulty of having him as a partner. But this was a matter Mr. Obama’s predecessor was nonetheless able to manage. What changed was that Karzai, who knows a political white flag when he sees one, predictably began positioning himself for a post-U.S. Afghanistan. The failure to anticipate this obvious result was one of the president’s many novice moves.

Another unforced error was the pointless public antagonization of Karzai by Vice President Biden and top Obama aides Rahm Emanuel and David Axelrod. They essentially called for the defeat of Karzai ahead of national polls that everyone knew Karzai would win legitimately and overwhelmingly. Why this was supposed to be a smart move by people who see themselves as political masters has never been explained.

This combination of errors further eroded support for the war on Capitol Hill and among the American public. Instead of creating the political space to give the surge time to work, Mr. Obama’s actions did the opposite. This is not what Americans should rightly expect from the man they elect to be their military’s commander in chief.

Fantasists in Washington, including some Beltway Republicans, chose to ignore the rot in the president’s plan. Of the belated decision to send 30,000 troops, one neo-conservative praised Mr. Obama’s “lonely decision,” and wrote: “It seems to me that Obama deserves even more credit for courage than Bush did [for the Iraq surge], for he has risked much more.”

Lost was the key difference that Bush was serious about winning. Obama was not.

Now it appears that cuts in troop strength will arrive right on time by Mr. Obama’s political schedule. Furthermore, a massive reduction by the 2012 U.S. elections seems likely. This comes despite the soothing but apparently misleading mantra by officials like Robert Gates and Hillary Clinton that reductions in force levels in Afghanistan would “depend on the conditions on the ground.”

It did not have to be this way. A stronger leader could have steered clear of both an open-ended U.S. commitment in Afghanistan and the path of managed failure chosen by Mr. Obama.

It is too soon to grasp the fate of Afghanistan, and no one should underestimate the capabilities of our armed forces or overlook the determination of the Afghan people themselves. But President Obama has done little to dispel a well-earned reputation for incompetence in foreign affairs.

Christian Whiton is a former U.S. State Department senior adviser and is a principal at DC International Advisory. He writes frequently for Fox News Opinion. Follow him on Twitter @WhitonDCIA.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/06/22/obama-is-still-employing-policy-managed-failure-in-afghanistan/#ixzz1Q2AjnFGv

Rick

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/22/2011 8:22:52 PM
Hello Rick, Jim and Friends,

Good to see you here Rick and thanks for an excellent article. I've been posting about B Hussein for ages and one of my mantras is that anything and everything he touches he louses up. This article is an excellent example of just that.

Shalom,

Peter
Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!