Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Nominations/Election WEEK Ending January 27 for 173rd POTW:
1/24/2009 12:38:16 PM
Greetings Members, i see we have a little disagreement yet once again, i however have talked to Kathy on some of these same subjects you have already recognized and i have to say i am in agreement with some of them, i have asked if it is possible that a member who is inactive with there forums but who have been around posting to others could be able to vote? i was given a no on that one. I also wanted to give my last name to LaNell since she has no last name posted on her profile so she could vote, i meant this as a joke, not thinking afterwords that this type of ruling, is in adequate and should be left out. I am enjoying that new Picture Jim, i also want to point out that your suggestions and John Sanchas as well are very much in consideration with what should be done, i however did not make these rulings as they are now but i did agree to be as helpful as i can with all of you on this, my CEO job over at Bizzy Blogz is not easy either, so im constantly getting advice from dad (Bogdan) lol on how to manage such a site. Will see what happens, as of now Kathy is using a laptop and is not as talkative as she would like to be lol, negotiations will continue on these.
AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Potw Team

2183 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
1/24/2009 12:38:32 PM
Here's a reply for all: No one else offered themselves as the next POTW Awards Team. No one else sent a proposal to Bogdan. There's a prize of advertising for the winner, there always has been, in case some people don't know that. The prize should go to a valid winner, above-the-table for all to see valid winner. The election has been in place for 3 years, thank you to all former POTW Awards Team members for your efforts in running it your way. 2 out of 4 of the yearly POTY elections ended questionably. That's 50% of only FOUR of those...that's not a good statistic. Phil Black and LaNell exempted themselves in a polite manner. I think all of you who are their friends should honor their decisions. I understand Phil is very busy offline, I know it's tax season and that's 3 months of non-stop work. I also applaud his decision not to start a forum just to be nominated in an election he's already won before. The new election rules are for people who spend time online and enjoy it. LaNell willingly decided to put her last name on her profile for a couple days, that shows she has a stronger priority to win an election she's already won, instead of protecting her privacy from online crazies. I'm not changing any rules. I have a longterm plan to have weekly elections all year and then the 11 PEOPLE of the Year celebration next January. If anyone else has a fully thought-out year-long plan, send it to Bogdan. Starting or maintaining an active forum can also become a longterm achievement, even if you start a forum JUST for this election, someday you may decide to improve upon it and find your forum has been nominated for the BFA, which has a monetary prize. The reciprocal links to forums that advertise this election has brought about co-operation from another election forum, the Just Perfect election. This is a detailed plan for full community co-operation and motivation and focus. Those who like to socialize will find that when you look at profiles and check for ACTIVE forums, that's also a good reason to contact your friends. Those who like to do business, will find that the people who ARE motivated to READ and FOLLOW complicated directions without being babysat, will make great additions to your business downlines. This is a full plan for the COMMUNITY. People can WILLINGLY decide not to participate. This community is a small part of the entirety of Adlandpro, it's not the world. If winning all prizes is your world, then you need to re-prioritize.
+0
1/24/2009 1:26:34 PM
Hello Kathleen and Thomas,

Here is my last word on this matter:

First, everyone here is only making suggestions. I know that you are running the show here since you took on the responsibility of running the forum. And I know that Bogdan has the final say on this matter because the site is his and he is the one that awards the advertising prize along with the free exposure on the front page of the community.

Do you remember the suggestions you made to me on how I could improve the forum? And do you remember that I applied some of them to the forum? Why did I do it? Because I was trying to be sensitive to what the members wanted. I created the forum for them and to honor them. I made a lot of changes to the forum in the years that I ran it. When I started the forum I pick the POTW'S with the help of Kathy H., we did it randomly out of a list we put together of the most active and the most friendly members. The forum was a huge success to the point that Bogdan (the Ceo of AdlandPro) offered to publish it on his site's front page and he offered the prize of the free advertising. It was then that we decided (Bogdan, Kathy H., and I) that we should take nominations for the POTW because a prize was involved instead just the honor of winning the POTW. Eventually a poll was included and things were great for a while. But with time the POTW award (and especially the POTY) became so coveted that the controversies arised. I won't go into detail here about it because I don't want to open up old wounds.

But the point I want to make is that the POTW has evolved with the suggestions of the members. It should be appealing to the majority if it's going to be successful and if it's going to be for them. But again, you are running the show and these are just suggestions.

John R. Sanchez
AdlandPro's Goodwill Ambassador

+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/24/2009 1:29:49 PM

In response to Kathleen's most recent post. 

I can no longer support the POTW in this format with this authoritarian type leadership. 

This is supposed to be fun, enjoyable and yes EASY.  Otherwise it is too much like work and I for one already work plenty.  My participation has been one of pleasure and dedication.  When it becomes fun again I may return.

Feel free to use the pic if you like.

Respectfully,

Jim Allen III

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Potw Team

2183 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
1/24/2009 3:28:24 PM
Hi Jim, Have you made nominations? It doesn't take long and it's not difficult. Fun is a matter of personal perspective, if you try it, you may find it's not a chore. What's "work" about clicking on links? What's "fun" about the people who voted in all prior elections wondering if their one honest vote was overwhelmed by lots of dishonest votes? There have already been lots of people here who DID make nominations, and lots of people who have been NOMINATED, actually more nominators and nominees in 3 days than under the former election plan usually got in a full week. The people who have been here to MAKE nominations outnumber the naysayers by about 3 to 1. Now I'm going to continue counting the nominations, and so can everyone else who wants to. That's the FUN of a public write-in vote, EVERYONE can take part in it as it's happening for the entire week, it's not just a one-time visit clicking a dot and waiting and wondering IF the results are fair, honest, and valid. We can all see these results as they come in.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!