Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Nominations/Election WEEK Ending January 27 for 173rd POTW:
1/24/2009 5:02:45 PM

Hi Thomas,

I would also like to Thank Roger for a very well stated and very Positve Post.

As for my reaction to his final word...

"MY FINAL WORD is VOTE."

Roger, I sincerely wish I could!

Have A Beautiful Weekend My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Branka Babic

2716 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/24/2009 5:12:13 PM

Hi Kathleen,

I think Roger is so right and I applaud him.

I do not have a hope that any GENIUS can make rules to prevent further frauds. Cheaters do not depend on a good rules, but on their character. Why not track all the polls? It must be simply. Comp is a smart machine :) .

So much dust about the rules, I do not believe is positive and constructive.

Let`s give the chance to Kathleen and let`s give her support. Amen.

Branka

+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/24/2009 5:16:15 PM
Thats all i needed to hear, thank you Roger, brother Phil and Diane, and if i left anyone out thank you! If this type of voting is not of your satisfaction at the end of the week, we will cross that bridge and act on it. I am always in favor of the Majority despite the Rulings of any kind, a rebel at heart yes i am, but im a fair man as well, i don't want this to be a thorn in anyones side especially mine because all of you are my dear friends, once i converse with more than i do my own family on a daily bases. Lets see how it goes, those who want to vote can , they know what to do. Lets have  try this. Thank you for your support! God_bless you. Bizzy Thomas
AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
John Partington

1560 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
1/24/2009 5:21:07 PM

Hi Kathy,

Could you please clarify that there will be no voting forum?

3. TO MAKE NOMINATIONS: Submit a list of 7 nominees, not just one name.  Then at the end of 7 days, we count the names, and the one that comes up the most will win for that week.  You must nominate 7, any lists of less or more than 7 won't be counted at all.

If so I will place a link to this forum.

When I asked Bogdan to select someone to run the POTW, I asked him to select someone who wouldn't take any crap and have the balls to stand up to any criticism.

I never thought for one minute that he would pick the only woman who has the criteria I requested.

Best Wishes

John.

A Free Add Service For The UK? Go to uk.bexp.org

A Free Add Service For The USA? Go to usa.bexp.org

Please Follow Me on Twitter Click Here

+0
Potw Team

2183 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
1/24/2009 6:14:09 PM
Hi John, CORRECT! There will be no voting as in the past, THE WRITE-IN NOMINATIONS ARE THE VOTE! (Not yelling, just clarifying for people!) I don't take any crap, I had and still have a father who wouldn't take any crap, and I would stand there and state my case to a man holding a belt. Eventually he got old, everyone does! He's not very big, he had hearing loss, but he was in command of 6 kids who were all born within 8 years, eventually a house full of teenagers who would otherwise have run amuck except for him being unwavering and expecting proper behavior. I had to be nice to my disabled sister, even though at times she seemed heck-bent on making every day of my life miserable by borrowing my clothes without asking, having a fit if I wanted my own stuff back, and eating as much of the snack foods as she could and throwing more fits when I actually wanted a fair share. She has cerebral palsy, she would walk slowly to the bus stops and trains and go to downtown Philadelphia to college at Temple University, she also held a job while going to college. She got her masters degree. She can still be very difficult to get along with. That's determination, if you've ever known anyone with cerebral palsy, it's an ungainly disability that makes regular activities difficult or very slow, and it takes an emotional toll, especially when the person is brilliant on the inside and wondering why it's HER life that's different. I met my husband when I was 19, he had been recently divorced with 2 small children, and a drug-addicted exwife. We took custody of his kids and put up with her craziness for several years until she moved to Texas, where she had 3 more kids and lost custody of all of them to their fathers. My husband and I had 2 more sons, so I've raised 4 sons, starting at age 19 with a 4-year old and 2-year old that weren't my biological kids. I don't mind being called authoritarian. I think people will get used to this election plan, and see that it isn't so difficult. After the first nomination list, just come back to this 173rd thread and find your own post, copy and paste your list, remove or add names/profile links if you want to. Thats' the easiest way to keep it going each week, then the next and the next, 174th and 175th and so on shouldn't be such an effort. Thank you! Kathleen VanBeekom
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!