Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Re: Nominations/Election WEEK Ending January 27 for 173rd POTW:
1/24/2009 11:01:54 AM
Hello Kathleen,

Sorry, but I have to agree with Peter and the others who have said that it's not fair that members like Phil Black and LaNell can not be candidates for the POTW. They both have been active members and are much loved in the community. I think some of the rules are taking the fun out of nominating members and some of the rules have also made it a big chore to nominate (7 nominations and having to make sure they are all eligible plus having to make sure all 7 want to be nominated is too much work and not much fun).

John R. Sanchez
AdlandPro's Goodwill Ambassador

+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/24/2009 12:07:28 PM
Hi Kathleen!

I took a loser look at the last posts here and I understand Peter on his point that friends like Phil, LaNell and Joyce and others who either have no forum or no real name cannot be in the contests, but I also agree with you too.

As for the name I know lots of friends who have accounts related both to their business and their real name account but there are also those who use short and pet names and that is not easy to know.

PERSON OF THE WEEK is a contest for real people so if somebody have a problem then he or she have to sort it out. I would go a step further and say that business, affiliate, opportunity names should not be allowed to contest at all. If those members want a contest they could start a contest for their category.

One thing is clear to me and some members who use to mention my past here use it often. Yes I have always been a "troublemaker" and every time it was related to POTW. In one case 2 years back when I changed my picture to a medallion of a Greek goddess and took the name of my forum and community I was blocked for 7 days and direct after I was deleted. There are some general rules that we accepted to follow for being members here.

Now as for a forum. I believe that our friends should start a forum. It takes less than 5 minutes to decide a category and run the wizard which is easy even for us foreigners easy to understand.

I think it is to late to change anything now but if there is something to change give it a period or at least from next POTW week (174th). Some of us following the last criteria changed our nominations already.

I am sure the administration and our CEO are following this discussion. To the administration I have one thing to say.
Delete all double accounts older than 12 months having zero (0) friends and zero posts they are always problematic and who knows they may have been the reason for some troubles!!!

Happy Week End
Georgios
ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/24/2009 12:14:40 PM
Good Day to you all:

I have also been following this discussion from the beginning and have to say that I am in total agreement with John Sanchez and others.

Being part of an Awards site, has taught me invaluable lessons on what people need and want when it comes to this kind of venue.

People like simple.  When you make it so complex, it not only creates mass confusion, but you will find, that people just wont want to be bothered.

Like anything,programs, forums, discussions, award sites evolve to fit the needs of the people. After all that is the purpose of anything, to grow and to "cater" to the viewers, the readers and the participants.  The purpose ( so I thought) was to have some fun, recognize all people who are part of Adland ( active forum or not) and to help those gain visibility so that they could have not only be recognized for themselves but also be used as a promotion tool, so that their primary business could be made visible.

Taking on any job, especially when it is a volunteering, is not an easy one.  It has to be done with a passion, but also with listening and caring for the people that you are helping.

I hope that my words will be taken as productive and with the best of intents.

Best regards,

Diane Bjorling
Administrative Director
BlogNet Awards.
+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/24/2009 12:21:39 PM

Hey Geo,

I agree with your statement

"PERSON OF THE WEEK is a contest for real people "

However it is never too late to change.

Your New POTW Team 

Have you made your nominations yet?

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Alain Deguire

8052 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/24/2009 12:22:24 PM
Hi again Kathleen!
Hi to Everyone...

I need to come back and gives some more of my feelings about the actual issue from the answer Kathleen gave me.

1st- this POTW forum is concerning the community in one way for sure but, not in another way... There was no election regarding the new team in place neither regarding the rules to apply... Bogdan - CEO of this community decided - based on the previous experiences - who would manage this forum and accepted the rules proposed by Kathleen so that these were the rules to apply from now on... meaning that these rules are not Kathleen's rules anymore but these of Bogdan; Kathleen being the one who proposed these new rules only. And, in this regard, accepting of being part of this community and this forum is for me accepting what is put forward by the CEO himself - or leave if I do not abound by these decisions in his own community.

2nd- even though I do not like to see great friends not being eligible, I must recognize and agree that they are not being excluded but, that they are excluding themselves by not deciding to abide by these new rules now in place. And I would be very surprised to learn that the people concerned went looking for some justice defenders in their own name... so maybe we should stop talking in other people's name and start to express ourselves in the "I" so that "I" can express what I am feeling about it myself for myself... If some specific people are feeling that they are not being treated with fairness in this, they can certainly come and express it here themselves.

Since there was some important problems with previous ways of doing why not surround ourselves to new ways and at the end of the year, we will be able to evaluate it much better and see from there what might still need some adjustments to still bring better results...

My humble opinion... wishing and hoping for peaceful moving forward!

With Friendship,
Alain
+0