Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Potw Team

2183 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Re: Nominations/Election WEEK Ending January 27 for 173rd POTW:
1/24/2009 9:57:47 AM
Hi Alain, I'll reply to you first since it's at the root of why I created THIS format nearly TWO YEARS AGO because of a large irregularity in the 2007 January POTY election. The electronic ballot was kept in place for 2 more years, and then a large dispute again this year after the POTY, but not because of the ballot, but there were posts who said they voted, and some of those posts did not have last names, or very low activity level or no activity level. A more valid system will bring about more valid results. If people don't want to participate, they don't have to. If LaNell has been pestered online, she's had years to do something about it. She's been here for several years, if someone was bothering her, they'd know exactly where to find her, with or without a last name. I'm not going to change any rules, this entire plan was written by me, not by Adlandpro administration. It was read thoroughly by Bogdan and accepted. None of my criteria will change. This has only been in place since Wednesday afternoon. It has not even been half a week yet.
+0
Heidi Stern

607 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
1/24/2009 10:20:08 AM

Thank you Kathleen for the heads up ~
Like the look of things great job!
love the way your mind works my friend!

Sarah thank you for the nominating me ~
Bon Jour and angel cuddles my friend!

On a more personal note..

May I just say to everyone..
May Love lead your way
May tolerance and acceptance be your ground
May support for others and yourself keep you strong
May Peace and Community bring you some roots
May we all live to love and to be loved.

Warmest regards,
Heidi Stern

Heidi Stern ~ Your Friend in Wellness
+0
Alain Deguire

8052 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/24/2009 10:23:01 AM
Hi Kathleen,

For sure I was not here long enough to see all of these past issues and I am very well aware of what happened this year... I followed it all with much sadness.

I understand your point as well as position... and, I want to tell you that from this perspective and from knowing that you came up with these rules based on these past experiences and that they were also approved by Bogdan... you are most certainly better judge than I can be and I will support you from now on in this new way of doing things for the benefit of the community as a whole.

Thanks for your answer Kathleen... very much appreciated! You are a great leader and I appreciate greatly to see you stand by your values and convictions.

All The Best to you My Friend,

With Friendship,

Alain
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/24/2009 10:25:16 AM

Hello Kathleen,

The question is in regard to the new criteria and not to the old criteria and the ballot vote.

Members that contribute to the community are in a sense being banned from participating in the new format (aside from congratulating the winners) and I wonder if that is the purpose of the POTW?

I'm not questioning the new format in any way but adjustments can always be made in order to accommodate all active members. These is not the 10 commandments that are written in stone or are they?

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/24/2009 10:25:31 AM

Hello Kathleen,

Your reply is inadequate for the issue. 

The POTW Award is a Community Award and the Community should have a voice in the regulations. 

This is not Kathleen's POTW Award. 

Remember it is an honor to be of service to the Community.  I believe you are the  caretaker and not the be all and end all, perhaps you should listen to the public.  Ostracizing folks like Phil Black, and other, is just unfair.

Respectfully,

Jim Allen III

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!