Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Jean Marie

199 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Nominations/Election WEEK Ending January 27 for 173rd POTW:
1/24/2009 7:15:10 AM

Georgios-

Thank you for the dance!!!!  How did you know that the Irish Women are one of my favorite groups of performers!  They put so much heart in their music and dance.....

The entire program was aired here on PBS & I was thrilled!  I didn't know it was on You Tube - thanks for the link, thanks for the nomination and for all of the thoughtful, wonderful posts you make here at ALP.

The community at ALP is so fortunate so have such wonderful, caring, thoughtful people such as you!

Hugs,

JeanMarie

JeanMarie http://www.3daydancers.com "May you live today from what you learned yesterday to achieve a better tomorrow"
+0
John Partington

1560 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
1/24/2009 7:39:59 AM

Hi Kathy,

Thank you for the pm, I like the new format for POTW and I wish you and Thomas every success with the New POTW.

I will have to pass on nominating the 7 nominees you require as I need to go and check to see if they make the criteria and then ask them if they would like to be nominated.

I won't be nominating anyone this time but I will hopefully have seven for next weeks POTW forum.

Best Wishes

John.

A Free Add Service For The UK? Go to uk.bexp.org

A Free Add Service For The USA? Go to usa.bexp.org

Please Follow Me on Twitter Click Here

+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/24/2009 8:39:36 AM

Hello Thomas & Kathleen,

I've been away for 3 days and just got back yesterday. When I logged in yesterday I saw the new POTW team and wish to congratulate both of you and wish you well in your new endeavor.

I read with interest the new criteria for the POTW and hope that this will succeed and hold the interest of the members.

There is one point I find a bit problematic. We have many active members in the community that haven't got their own forums but they participate in many forums within the community. The objective is to recognize and reward members that contribute to the community and having your own forum isn't necessarily a criteria that shows the contributing  factor. There are many that have forums that are mainly advertising forums and their main purpose is to utilize Adland for their businesses which of course is acceptable and the purpose of Adland.

However the ownership of a forum of that sort doesn't make the member one that contributes to the community. I find it totally incomprehensible that a member like Phil Black not only can't be nominated but isn't even allowed to nominate others cos he hasn't got his own forum. There aren't many members that contribute to the community as he does. 

I read through all the posts here and others like him haven't got their own forums and your recommendation was that they start a forum prior to the end of this weeks nominations. I wonder does that act alone make a forum an active one???

I recommend that an adjustment to the criteria be made that would allow an excellent member like Phil Black (and others like him) be eligible not only for the POTW but be allowed to nominate others.

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/24/2009 9:10:24 AM

Hello POTW Captains, Leaders, and Community,

I applaud Peter, for stating so eloquently, the need for rethinking the nominations requirements.  I agree 100% that all active members of the community should be included in the POTW Awards as it is a Community Award.

Have a great weekend,

Jim

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Alain Deguire

8052 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/24/2009 9:42:59 AM
Hello Kathleen and Thomas!

I understand that you are very well trying to bring some new rules and new ways of doing things for the benefit of us all and Thank you so much for that!

But, I need to come in this morning and say as Jim and Peter... Peter was able to express very well and gently a problematic situation due to the new rules, and I must say that I feel very much the same when I see that LaNell cannot be recognized here anymore because she cannot put her family name in for security reasons and when other people like Phil Black who are great members and contributors to this community cannot nominate or be nominate because they choose not to manage a forum because they do not want or do not have the time - but that they collaborate in so many other ways within the community. I also feel that there is something wrong in this aspect and that the new rules in this regard are probably not reaching the objective they were setup for in the first place.

Thanks for looking at this seriously and maybe even reconsidering these rules... from the experience we had here so far this week, we can already learn and make some positive adjustments...

All The Best,

With Friendship,

Alain
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!