Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Kathy Hamilton

13886 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: POTW NOMINATIONS FORUM
4/29/2008 11:37:44 PM

Hello dennis,

Thanks for joining here.

You know I went in to a hive forum I was totally lost I didnt even know who was who.It would be nice to see everyones name associated with the hive team, it might even get more sign ups if we knew which friends of ours were in it.

it totally lost me.

hope your doing great. and I am sure Jim meant no harm.

Sometimes how we read and interpret things are not how they really are.

Kathy

I walk by faith not by sight Profit Clicking http://www.profitclicking.com/?r=simikathy
+0
Larry Blethen

2241 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/30/2008 12:06:33 AM

hello everyone...I see lots of finger pointing and foot shifting back and forth..dancing around the issue...the issue is that someone was disquified for POTW due do not having a 350 posts which appears to be the golden rule here...I must say that there have been others that are POTW that do not have the required number of posts...so now we have something called "Selective Enforcement"...for some reason...the rule is being enforce now..even if it was started in the beginning..for whatever reason not changed or improved on and for now...so all members are not being treated the same...

I for one appreciate all the hard work that the POTW team puts forth for the benefit of AdlandPro community. In return, I think that all nominations should be treated with equal requirements, not "selective enforcement" of the golden rule.

thank you...Larry

Larry Blethen http://www.bluelight-marketing.com larry.blethen@bluelight-marketing.com, 304-369-5603
+0
Kathy Hamilton

13886 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/30/2008 12:33:50 AM

Hello Larry,

Its unfortunate that not every one will always like the rules of whatever is told to them.

It really doesnt matter what has happened in the past. It doesnt matter what has happened now.The rules and the way things work now is in place.

So instead of people trying to create havoc, please foe those who are unhappy just let it be.

Do not ruin what John and I started.. If you are unhappy with the way it is run step away.Do not cause discourse here at adlandpro, hasnt there been enough horror stories here to last a life time?

We must follow what is now in place no matter how unfair others think it is.

If your not happy just do not participate in it.Maybe you should start your own amongst the ones who think it is unfair.

Do not turn adlandpro into a pissing match.

What you say goes out to google and it can hurt you in the long run. Not to mention show others how your characters are.

Have a very blessed Day.

Kathy Hamilton/simikathy

Angel Of Adlandpro

I walk by faith not by sight Profit Clicking http://www.profitclicking.com/?r=simikathy
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/30/2008 1:11:55 AM
Hello Friends,

I do agree with much that was written here and I won't quote each and every one of your comments on this subject but I would like to clarify a few points and issues.

When the present team took over the POTW forums I asked what the criteria was in addition to what was written in the general outline. The numbers of a minimum of 350 posts and an active forum was the answer i received.

I believe the reasons for the criteria are obvious since a member that has 50, 100 posts can't have been very active in the community. That is the basic key, activity and participation in the Adland community.

On the other hand having 1000s of posts doesn't automatically qualify members for the POTW either. Recently a member was nominated that has many posts and his nomination wasn't accepted for the simple reason that all his posts were ads and posted to the advertising forums without giving an option to reply. So we come back again to being an active member and participating in community activities.

Becky, you mention Anthony Hosking and you are so right. Anthony was my mistake and having seen him around a lot in the period prior to you people nominating him I failed to check his stats and I accept the total blame for that mistake (imagine the uproar hivers if we would not have accepted his nomination). As you all know only a fool doesn't learn from his/her mistakes and I learned my lesson.

Multiple accounts are an issue that I personally have a major problem with. When they are used for advertising purposes we don't even know about them but in the cases when they are used in order to manipulate results of polls I take a personal affront to that and whether you admit it or not it has been done by people you were once close to. I also believe that you didn't use your 3 accounts in this manner. But others did and in a massive way.

There is one thing I must state here in a personal manner. Lee Smiths nomination wasn't disqualified this time for personal reasons and I hope that's obvious. I  ertainly hope to see her as a candidate in the near future. I follow many forums and can see that lately she has been participating in a few in addition to the Hive forum.

Posts are one of the ways we can measure a members participation (one of the major ways) in Adland. The one and a half liner that some posters are famous for are ridiculous as are the multiple posts of the same graphic in thread after thread are meaningless other then to raise the post number of that member and for that reason only. I have never been able to understand the logic but for that but to each his own.

If you have another way to measure a members participation in the community please let us know what it is and we'll consider adding them on as a criteria too.

All the best & Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/30/2008 2:04:05 AM

Hello Friends,

The above post was posted in the hive forum before I was aware of the confrontation here in the POTW nomination forum. I won't relate to each and every comment cos that will create more of an issue but I will comment in a general way except to a few remarks.

Dennis, My post wasn't meant to be rude and even though the Hive member account is a legal adland account it is only proper etiquette for a Name to be behind a nomination and not a legal entity (one does need a magnifying glass to see the picture though). But, if you were insulted I do apologize but do not regret that Thomas made the nomination in the end.

There is no "selective enforcement" in the POTW. Had you followed the forum you'd have seen that other nominations haven't been accepted for the same criteria. Some have been deleted at the request of the nominator and some are still in the forum.

I find it a bit strange that you are using Anthony Hosking as your example of selectiveness. Anthony was nominated by a Hive member, seconded by a Hive member and supported in the poll by hive members. The fact that he was a hive member and manager then and has since resigned his hive membership I find very interesting in all your comments on this subject. I wonder if you would be using him as an example if he was still a hive member? I covered Anthony in my previous post and do apologize for my error but as I said can you imagine the furor it would have created if his nomination wasn't accepted then??? Look what you're doing now cos of Lee?

Thomas, you know me/us better then most of the other posters here and if your comment "The only exception i see to the rule is by the forum owner!" relates to me/The POTW Team I haven't got the faintest idea what you are talking about nor understand your insinuation. Please explain!!!

Since we took over the POTW forum we tried to respect all the members in an equal manner even when we knew there were rampant manipulations going on with multiple accounts. I don't believe there is one POTW winner since we took over that didn't get the respect due them when they won and that includes you Becky.

To sum up. The qualifications and criteria are there for the good of all the deserving nominees and future nominees/candidates. There is absolutely no selectiveness but mistakes can be made and for that once again I do apologize,

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!