Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Sarah Pritchard

2399 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Have you entered the Blogosphere?
3/19/2008 1:10:54 PM

Hello fellow bloggers !

Goodness ! After my holiday in England, I still haven’t completely caught up (will I ever?).

Some of you are new to blogging and others are very blogwise. I hope that we can share our experiences here for the benefit of each other.

At the beginning of this thread, I mentioned that I was building my blog via Tim Southernwood’s Success Patrol

(I have put a lot more content on my blog, by the way, if you want to take a look).

Saturday’s training/conference session was excellent. I came away with lots of ideas on how to improve and monetize my blog. I know that some of you have expressed a wish to concentrate on making money via your writing. A blog is a good way of doing that.

Of course, there are thousands of people out there creating their blogs. You want to get your blog noticed, and to therefore be highly ranked on the search engines. You need to have links to and from your blog.

One way of enabling this monetization process is to post comments on other people’s blogs, preferably blogs that are connected to the same theme or niche as yours.

How do you find these blogs? Isn’t it time consuming?

Yes, it is time consuming, but at Saturday’s Success Patrol meeting, Tim shared a very useful program with us, which is just what the doctor ordered.

You simply type in some keywords or keyword phrases and the program finds and lists the blogs for you, that are associated with your keywords. The list of blogs appears. You click on each one and the blogs come up on your screen. You post on the blog.

So, the program finds the blogs and you post comments and include your blog link. This isn’t spamming. You post relevant info/comments onto blogs that you have read. You are not blasting blogs with spam, using a robot.

This very useful program can be downloaded for free at:

http://www.fastblogfinder.com

There is the free version which will find you 50 blogs associated with your keyword phrase or you can upgrade to receive more benefits and searches.

Voilà, that’s my tip for today. Thanks go to Tim for sharing this.

Angel cuddles,

Sarah

Angel Cuddle Cafe Empowering You to Live with Ease in Love, Joy and Abundance Angel Cuddle Publishing Angel Cuddle Trails Click here with your ghostwriting needs
+0
Sheryl Loch

1260 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/19/2008 2:03:21 PM
Hello Sarah,
Glad you had a great holiday! I am sure you will get caught up in no time.

I find lots of blogs when I am on the WAHM forums many ladies have them in their sig line. I also use Google Blog Search
Sometimes you just have to sort through all the splash page ad blogs.

The problem is that if they are using blogspot, blogger, WP, typepad.....Then you can not leave a link back to your blog without actually posting it in the message.  If you are part of that blogging community then your name will link to your blog (profile) there. Since I run independently there is little reason for me to comment on these blogs. I would have to join the community & I sure do not have time for another blog. LOL! It looks as if yours is the same but, I am not positive.

I do see many hits coming from other (independent) blogs where I have commented. Some of those are coming from blogs about blogging. I figure if someone is reading about how to blog then they are likely to be looking at other blogs to get ideas.

Glad you are back Sarah & do not get in a hurry - take time to remember all the sites, sounds & faun you had on your trip!

Sheryl Loch
+0
Sarah Pritchard

2399 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/20/2008 11:06:40 AM
Hello Sheryl,

I have lovely memories and the photos to remind me of our hol. No worries on that score! The girls keep talking about it too, so I'm surrounded.

I usually try to subtlely leave a link in my message. Busy people may not get down to the sig line!

I have bought my domain and will be doing a blog with the website when I have set it up, once I have my hosting with Success Patrol.

There are only so many hours in the day and blogging is not my only activity, and above all, I want my blogging to be fun. Writing is my passion and blogging is a way of me expressing myself and being read (and making some money at the same time). I'm going at my pace and enjoying life in the blogosphere.

My point about the Fastblogfinder is that it saves me time, by finding blogs for me that are relevant to my blog.  You also post a comment on those blogs there and then, within the program.

Thank you for your contribution and tips.

Angel cuddles,

Sarah

ps I thought I'd just say that I'm not an affiliate of Fastblogfinder. The link I gave you all was just a share of a useful program that I'd been shown.

Angel Cuddle Cafe Empowering You to Live with Ease in Love, Joy and Abundance Angel Cuddle Publishing Angel Cuddle Trails Click here with your ghostwriting needs
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/24/2008 6:37:17 PM

Hello Sarah,

Take a look at my forum.

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/1016340.aspx

I hope it lead to positive debate.

I view blogs and forums seriously but there are issues.

Roger

+0
Sarah Pritchard

2399 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/25/2008 7:52:50 AM
My dear Sir Roger!

I thought you had abandoned me!!

I was beginning to worry that there was something amiss. Your absence was noted.

Thank you for your invite to your forum.

I went along and have left you my pennyworth in the debate.

I encourage others to contribute too, but perhaps there's a question of time involved. (as in lack of it)

How is your blogging going?

Angel cuddles,

Sarah

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!