Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: What does Christmas mean to you and Les Enfants Oublies?
12/17/2007 4:44:06 PM

True Meaning of Christmas

Just a week before Christmas I had a visitor. This is how it happened. I just finished the household chores for the night and was preparing to go to bed, when I heard a noise in the front of the house. I opened the door to the front room and to my surprise, Santa himself stepped out next to the fireplace.

"What are you doing?" I started to ask. The words choked up in my throat and I saw he had tears in his eyes. His usual jolly manner was gone. Gone was the eager, boisterous soul we all know. He then answered me with a simple statement . . .

"TEACH THE CHILDREN!" I was puzzled. What did he mean? He anticipated my question and with one quick movement brought forth a miniature toy bag from behind the tree. As I stood bewildered, Santa said, "Teach the children!
Teach them the old meaning of Christmas. The meaning that now-a-days Christmas has forgotten. "Santa then reached in his bag and pulled out a FIR TREE and placed it before the mantle. "Teach the children that the pure green color of the stately fir tree remains green all year round, depicting the everlasting hope of mankind, all the needles point heavenward, making it a symbol of man's thoughts turning toward heaven."

He again reached into his bag and pulled out a brilliant STAR. "Teach the children that the star was the heavenly sign of promises long ago. God promised a Savior for the world, and the star was the sign of fulfillment of His promise."

He then reached into his bag and pulled out a CANDLE. "Teach the children that the candle symbolizes that Christ is the light of the world, and when we see this great light we are reminded of He who displaces the darkness."

Once again he reached into his bag and removed a WREATH and placed it on the tree. "Teach the children that the wreath symbolizes the real nature of love. Real love never ceases. Love is one continuous round of affection."

He then pulled from his bag an ORNAMENT of himself. "Teach the children that I, Santa Claus, symbolize the generosity and good will we feel during the month of December."

He then brought out a HOLLY LEAF. "Teach the children that the holly plant represents immortality. It represents the crown of thorns worn by our Savior. The red holly berries represent the blood shed by Him.

Next he pulled from his bag a GIFT and said, "Teach the children that God so loved the world that he gave his begotten son." Thanks be to God for his unspeakable gift.

Santa then reached in his bag and pulled out a CANDY CANE and hung it on the tree. "Teach the children that the candy cane represents the shepherds' crook. The crook on the staff helps to bring back strayed sheep to the flock. The candy cane is the symbol that we are our brother's keeper."

He reached in again and pulled out an ANGEL. "Teach the children that it was the angels that heralded in the glorious news of the Savior's birth. The angels sang Glory to God in the highest, on earth peace and good will toward men."

Suddenly I heard a soft twinkling sound, and from his bag he pulled out a BELL,. "Teach the children that as the lost sheep are found by the sound of the bell, it should ring mankind to the fold. The bell symbolizes guidance and return.

Santa looked back and was pleased. He looked back at me and I saw that the twinkle was back in his eyes. He said, "Remember, teach the children the true meaning of Christmas and do not put me in the center, for I am but a humble servant of the One that is, and I bow down to worship him, our LORD, our GOD."

Fionnuala Lurgan NIreland

Visit your safe place on the Internet http://www.homebizhaven.com
+0
Sarah Pritchard

2399 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/18/2007 4:49:45 AM
Dear Phil,

Thank you for coming.

Once again you have managed to warm my heart with your kind words.

In the sketch tonight, the little children are playing the part of tramps. That's what sparked me off on my little mission. It really set me thinking and 'aching' for these forgotten children.

You are right. It is lovely working with children in this way (the singing and sketch, I mean) and passing on the true message of Christmas.

A big angel cuddle to you, Phil.

Sarah

Angel Cuddle Cafe Empowering You to Live with Ease in Love, Joy and Abundance Angel Cuddle Publishing Angel Cuddle Trails Click here with your ghostwriting needs
+0
Sarah Pritchard

2399 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/19/2007 12:25:40 PM
Dear Fionnuala,

Thank you for this meaningful contribution. You are my first lady contributer.

It took me a while to get back to thank you as I was very busy with the Christmas evening.

It went very well. The children were very sweet.

Even little 3 year old Isabelle sang. She was rather shy and nervous, rocking from one leg to the other and began to hide behind one of the twins. I went and sat next to her and put my arm around her and then she sang her heart out. So sweet.

The children got a round of applause 3 times throughout the evening.

I'll try to get some photos in here. My hubby took them so I don't know what they're like. He doesn't take time over his photos. Fingers crossed.

We did a collect during the evening for the Restos du Coeur, a charity which gives meals and food parcels to the homeless and low income families etc.

I'll go check on the photos and then I'll be back.

Angel Cuddle Cafe Empowering You to Live with Ease in Love, Joy and Abundance Angel Cuddle Publishing Angel Cuddle Trails Click here with your ghostwriting needs
+0
12/19/2007 12:30:38 PM

Sarah, thank you for the invitation.  You have made a wonderful forum here.  Christmas means to me exactly what it says - Christ Mass.  It is the birth of Jesus and we celebrate His birth.  Others can call it what they wish and ignore our Lord and Savior but I cannot do that, nor do I wish to.  Here is a poem and a Candle that I have started and hope everyone will keep them lit.

Candle of Love, Candle of Light

Candle of Love

You lit up the sky

Candle of Light

With a lullaby

A star was lit

in the Eastern sky that night

And still in our hearts

and over our land

The Candle of love

shines bright.

Our praises ring

of Jesus’ birth

long ago in a land of dark

A Candle of Love was lit

For all the earth.

Jesus was born and

A candle in the Heavens above

Cast its warm glow

Over the Manger below

Heavenly voices joined in praise

earthly choirs Hallelujahs raise

Celebrations throughout the world

exhilaration of most high

The birth of our King and our Lord!

Candle of Love,

One in the hand

Spread your warmth

Throughout the land.

Candle of Light

One in the heart,

Shine bright on

this Holy Night.

The greatest birthday of all the world;

A candle burns for Thee

Kings, queens, saints, and lords

None of these do our hearts belong

As heavenly voices sing in praise;

And earthly choirs join in song,

to Jesus –a Wonder to amaze.

Candle of Love,

candle of light

Forever burn so bright.

Held in the heart.

Candle of Light

Held in the hand.

Shine bright tonight.

Our Praises ring

Our voices sing

Candle of Light

Shine bright tonight.

Burn, burn!  Your light so white

Candle of Love, Candle of light

Signify our love for Jesus

On this Holy Night.

Sara Gardner Blow ©2003

Please come post your own candle and keep them burning!!

Candle of Love, Candle of Light

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/909690/ShowThread.aspx

Sara

+0
Sarah Pritchard

2399 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/19/2007 2:14:35 PM
Sara,

Thank you for taking up my invitation to post your candle of light here.

"Spread your warmth throughout the land"

I say Amen to that.

Angel cuddles,

Sarah

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!