Menu

Promote
Re: What Christmas Means to Me!
12/20/2007 9:16:26 AM

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for once again running another great forum. This is one eveyone should give his 2-bits worth in, I think. So, What does Christmas mean, either to me or to others, or to the world for that matter?

Christmas to me is a celebration of the Yule' Season. That said, how does one interpret 'Yule' ? Yule is a season at the end of the year, where everyone slows down to spend time with family, kin and friends. It is also a time of taking in the whole picture, recognizing who and what you are and how you fit into the whole scheme of things.

It is at this point where being thankful for all of the blessings in your life, and sharing those blessings with each other, is of prime importance. Not just in physical gifts, but in the things that REALLY matter in the long run. Like how you relate to your friends and family. How you forgot an important matter and made up for it by spending time with that person, cooking dinner (or breakfast ) for them and sharing thoughts, dreams, goals and aspirations. Maybe you even offered to include this person in your future plans.

And lastly, whether you are Christian or not, it is mostly a time of recognizing and appreciating that a great person was born 2,000 years ago who cared a great deal for the likes of meager Humanity... So much so, that he later died for them. It is this spirit that should always be remembered in this holiest of seasons, for it is this spirit that Keeps a lot of us going throughout the whole year and that for which we live. And lastly, it is this spirit that should drive all that we do, and pass as much of this as we can on to our fellow 'meagers', all year long.

Merry Christmas, Happy Yule', and a very Happy Holiday to all.

Your Friend, The Benster!

Create Your Own Job, Because EVERYBODY'S an expert at something! Don't know how? Get your FREE 10-STEP BLUEPRINT at: Http://www.CreateYourOwnJob.net/blueprint
New Reply
+0
Sarah Pritchard

2392 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/20/2007 12:12:30 PM
My dear Benster,

Thank you for this inspiring contribution. Not bad, coming from a hillbilly!! LOL

Seriously, your tuppence worth is gratefully received.

"And lastly, it is this spirit that should drive all that we do, and pass as much of this as we can on to our fellow 'meagers', all year long."

Yes, this is so important. That is why we did a collect for the Restos du Coeur charity which helps the lost 'children' all year round with meals and food parcels. We emphasised that the love we share at Christmas, if shared all year round would enhance all of our lives.

Being grateful and giving thanks and sharing (in all it's meanings) is an important factor in our lives.  The world could be a much better place if we all behaved in that spirit the whole year long.

Angel cuddles,

Sarah

Angel Cuddle Cafe Empowering You to Live with Ease in Love, Joy and Abundance Angel Cuddle Publishing Angel Cuddle Trails Click here with your ghostwriting needs
New Reply
+0
Kathy Hamilton

13886 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/20/2007 12:29:05 PM

Sara,

Great forum bravo!!!

Merry Christmas,

I am most Thankful that I have my Children all safe and we are free from all the torments in our past life.

We are thankful to be once Happy Again and can have laughter in our life.

I am thankful that we are all healthy and vibrant and that we have all our friends to share our daily lives with.I am thankful that we all know how to love again.

Any ways this is for everyone. God bless you all.

Kathy Hamilton/simikathy

Letter from God to His Children
This Holiday Season

Dear Children,

It has come to my attention that many of you are upset that folks are taking My Son's name out of the season. Maybe you've forgotten that I didn’t send my Son in December, it was some of your ancestors who decided to celebrate My Son's birthday at what was, in ancient times, a pagan festival; although, I do appreciate Jesus being remembered...anytime.

How I personally feel about this celebration can probably be most easily understood by those of you who have been blessed with children of your own. I don't care what you call the day. If you want to celebrate Jesus' birth just,

GET ALONG AND LOVE ONE ANOTHER.

If it bothers you that the town in which you live doesn't allow a scene depicting My Son's birth, then make room on your lawn for the nativity scene on your own front lawn. If all my followers did that there wouldn't be any need for such a scene on the town square because there would be many of them all around town.

Stop worrying about the fact that people are calling the tree a holiday tree, instead of a Christmas tree. It was I who made all the trees. You can remember me anytime you see a tree.

Instead of fusing over trimmings and traditions, consider giving My Son one of the gifts below this Christmas…

1. Instead of writing protest letters objecting to the way My birthday is being celebrated, write letters of love and hope to soldiers away from home. They are terribly afraid and lonely this time of year. I know, they tell Me all the time.

2. Visit someone in a nursing home. You don't have to know them personally. They just need to know that someone cares about them.

3. Instead of writing George complaining about the wording on the cards his staff sent out this year, why don't you write and tell him that you'll be praying for him and his family this year. Then follow up. It will be nice hearing from you again.

4. Instead of giving your children a lot of gifts you can't afford and they don't need, spend time with them. Tell them the story of My birth and why I came to live with you down here. Hold them in your arms and remind them that I love them.

5. Pick someone who’s hurt you in the past, forgive them, and give them the gift of a future—free from the pain, shame, and guilt of yesterday’s yuck.

6. Did you know that someone in your town will attempt to take their own life this season because they feel so alone and hopeless? Since you don't know who that person is, try giving everyone you meet a warm smile, it could make the difference. Also, you might consider supporting the local Hot-Line: they talk with people like that every day.

7. Instead of nit picking about what the retailer in your town calls the holiday, be patient with the people who work there. Give them a warm smile and a kind word. Even if they aren't allowed to wish you a "Merry Christmas" that doesn't keep you from wishing them one.

8. If you really want to make a difference, support a missionary, especially one who takes My love and Good News to those who have never heard My name. You may already know someone like that.

9. Here's a good one. There are individuals and whole families in your town who not only will have no “Christmas" tree, but neither will they have any presents to give or receive. Be sensitive to the needs of others. A few cans of food or a simple gift can go along way towards good will on earth.

10. Finally if you want to make a statement about your belief in Me, then behave like a Christian. Don't do things in secret that you wouldn't do in My presence. Let people know by your actions that you are one of mine.

Don't forget; I am God and can take care of Myself. Please, if you love me, love my children—all of them, especially the ones that challenge your traditions. I'll take care of all the rest.
Invite others to a Christmas festival that has more to do with eternity than all the trimmings and traditions of December 25th.

“Merry Christmas!” means: “I love you.” – God

I walk by faith not by sight Profit Clicking http://www.profitclicking.com/?r=simikathy
New Reply
+0
Kathy Hamilton

13886 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/20/2007 12:30:01 PM

Sorry Sara,

I guess everyone will have to hightlight on it, its very amazing.

Kathy

I walk by faith not by sight Profit Clicking http://www.profitclicking.com/?r=simikathy
New Reply
+0
Sarah Pritchard

2392 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/20/2007 12:42:04 PM
Hello Kathy,

Thanks for this. You are right, this is well worth the effort of highlighting.

I appreciate you taking the time to share it with us.

Merry Christmas means I love you.

Merry Chritmas and Happy Holidays to one and all.

Angel Cuddle Cafe Empowering You to Live with Ease in Love, Joy and Abundance Angel Cuddle Publishing Angel Cuddle Trails Click here with your ghostwriting needs
New Reply
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!