Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: To Know and Do...
9/26/2007 10:38:50 PM

Hi Thomas, yea, I slept for 12 hours last night. It was broken though, I kept waking up. My dad told me I was snoring pretty loud. I just took on a new habit!! I'm at a place called Avon Park, Fl. It's about half way between Orlando and Tampa, for you Florida buffs, on highway 27.

+0
Re: Special Request...
9/30/2007 6:53:43 AM

Hi James,

What I believe CHRISTIAN means (being a Greek Orthodox), is all about Religion.

That Jesus Christ existed and was put on the cross to save our sins, to live by the 10 Commandments (impossible in this day and age).

It is about, love, trust and helping others, going to church or praying.

Belief that there is a GOD who created this earth and us

I could go on and on about this subject.. but I won't.

Thanks again for the invite,

Cheers,

Esther.

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Special Request...
9/30/2007 7:53:47 AM

Hi Esther, I'm glad to see you here! Thanks for stopping by. I do however, disagree with you about keeping the 10 Commandments. Let me share some of what I wrote in my original post here:

THE TEN COMMANDMENT LAW IS RECOGNIZED BY THE CHRISTIAN AS THE GREAT STANDARD OF CONDUCT

Exodus 20:3-17  God's standard of righteousness is summed up in the Ten   Commandments

Hebrews 8:1-5  Colossians 2:14-17 Ephesians 2:15 The ceremonial laws governing meat and drink offerings and sacrifices had to do with the services of the earthly sanctuary, and as such pointed forward to the death of Christ and His priestly ministry in heaven.  They were a shadow of the cross, and met their fulfillment when Christ died.  Therefore having served their purpose, they need no longer be observed

(The ten commandments were not ceremonial law, thus they will stand till the end of time)

Exodus 31:18 Psalms 89:34 Psalms 119:152  The great moral law of Ten Commandments, however, written on tables of stone with the finger of God, stand fast

(The only reason it may be impossible to keep the 10 Commandments is because we have chosen to do so.)

Jesus has told us that if we love Him, we should keep His Commandments. (All of them) Here are a few other texts to back it up.

Revelation 22:14  Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

John 14:15  If ye love me, keep my commandments. (all)

Romans 7:7  What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

James 2:8-12 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:

9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.

10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.

12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

Romans 3:31  Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!