Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: To Know and Do...
9/24/2007 6:36:02 PM

Hi Joyce, it's amazing how quickly time slips away too. It just seems like yesterday when I graduated from boarding school in Africa. I think back to the good times I had there. I always looked forward to Sabbath, because we took a break from the grind of the weekly routine. And that is what the Sabbath was meant for. To get away from it all, and rest awhile. That's how I manage to keep my sanity! After church in the morning we would always go for a hike up in the hills nearby. We could choose which way we wanted to go. I remember the leader always carried a big stick, to shoo off the snakes, and other creatures that might get in our path.

+0
9/25/2007 9:28:25 PM
A Christian is a person who believes in the saving grace of Jesus Christ.  He strieves to live uprightly in this life not to pay for the right to enter heaven but because Jesus paid with his life so that he will enter heaven and spend eternity with God.
Don't wait until Giblink is a common household name on the internet or the whole World knows about Giblink, then decide to join.
+0
Kay
Kay Reeve

338 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
9/26/2007 3:34:40 AM
Hi James,

I'm a little late arriving as always - too busy these days, I need to slow down.

I have two distinct answers of how I view the word Christian, a bit like the word 'nail'  which is a metal spike used on the cross, also a term used for catching a criminal and proving his guilt (getting to the point of the crime). or (they will be crucified for their doings) I'm not sure how the term came about, but it would be easy to play with words all day trying to surmise...

Christian - the most common concept is a person who believes in christ and follows him through Christian Religion, regularly attends church, helps others, lives a good life and believes there is more to life than just birth and death.

Christian - A way of life whereby a set of social and and personal rules are followed creating an ideal community.  A bit like the highway code - if everyone drives according to the book, no one should crash. 

I know many people who live like this without being religious or believing in God.  This is probably because the Government, politics and law have been based so strongly on Christian Rules over the last two centuries that it has 'become a way of life' for the people regardless of their beliefs. 

Also I think science "Everything needs a reason"  and law "the Sue everyone" craze has changed people's reasoning, resulting in less spiritual belief.

It has always amazed and amused me how the word God and Good are so close in spelling, also the word Evil and Devil.  How did this come about???

Kay
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/26/2007 7:37:36 AM

Hi Elaine, at this point, all I can say is  Amen. You have chosen a perfect way to describe the word. Thanks, and welcome!

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/26/2007 7:43:47 AM

Hi Kay, I like your analogy, and so true. This country was basically founded on religion and freedom. I believe that is one reason why it has been so successful over the past few centuries.

Blessings on You!

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!