Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
To Know and Do...
9/14/2007 6:31:42 PM

SURRENDER AND OBEDIENCE

THE TEN COMMANDMENT LAW IS RECOGNIZED BY THE CHRISTIAN AS THE GREAT STANDARD OF CONDUCT

Exodus 20:3-17  God's standard of righteousness is summed up in the Ten   Commandments

Hebrews 8:1-5  Colossians 2:14-17 Ephesians 2:15 The ceremonial laws governing meat and drink offerings and sacrifices had to do with the services of the earthly sanctuary, and as such pointed forward to the death of Christ and His priestly ministry in heaven.  They were a shadow of the cross, and met their fulfillment when Christ died.  Therefore having served their purpose, they need no longer be observed

Exodus 31:18 Psalms 89:34 Psalms 119:152  The great moral law of Ten Commandments, however, written on tables of stone with the finger of God, stand fast

Romans 7:12-14 Psalms 19:7,8 Psalms 111:7,8  These commandments are holy, just, good, spiritual, perfect, sure, and eternal

Matthew 5:17-19 John 15:10 Revelation 22:14,15  Christ, the author of this law, kept and honored it in His own experience on earth

THE CONVERTED CHRISTIAN'S GREATEST DESIRE IS TO KNOW AND DO THE WILL OF GOD

Hebrews 8:10-12 Psalms 40:8  In the New Covenant relationship, God's law is written upon the heart and mind so obedience then becomes a delight

John 14:15  1 John 5:1-3  Loving obedience is the natural consequence of our sincere love for God and desire to do His will

Romans 8:1-9   Such obedience is possible only through the indwelling power of the Holy Spirit

Revelation 14:12 Romans 3:31 Hebrews 8:10  Those ready for the second coming of Christ will be characterized by their obedience to all His commandments, made  possible through their faith in Jesus and His marvelous grace

While the Christian will be obedient to God's law as an evidence of his true love for Jesus, he must never presume that he can effect his own salvation by law-keeping (righteousness by works)

----------------------

Having surrendered my heart to Jesus Christ, it is my purpose, through His Grace, and by the power of the Holy Spirit,  to be obedient to God's will as revealed in His holy law, the Ten Commandments...

Have you???

----------------------

"God has given us His holy precepts, because He loves mankind.  To shield us from the results of transgression,  He reveals the principles of righteousness.  The law is an expression of the thought of God;  when received in Christ,  it becomes our thought.  It lifts us above the power of natural desires and tendencies, above temptations that lead to sin.  God desires us to be happy, and He gave us the precepts of the law that in obeying them we might have joy."  --The Desire of Ages, p. 308

"There are those who profess to serve God,  while they rely upon their own efforts to obey His law,  to form a right character, and secure salvation.  Their hearts are not moved by any deep sense of the love of Christ,  but they seek to perform the duties of the Christian life as that which God requires of them in order to gain heaven.  Such religion is worth nothing.  When Christ dwells in the heart,  the soul will be so filled with His love,  with the joy of communion with Him,  that it will cleave to Him;  and in the contemplation of Him,  self will be forgotten.  Love to Christ will be the spring of action.  Those who feel the constraining love of God,  do not ask for the lowest standard,  but aim at perfect conformity to the will of their Redeemer.  With earnest desire they yield all and manifest an interest proportionate to the value of the object which they seek.  A profession of Christ without this deep love is mere talk,  dry formality,  and heavy drudgery."  --Steps to Christ, pp. 44, 45

------------------------

Your comments are welcome. It does take some time to put these lessons together, and I certainly hope it will mean something to someone!!!

+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: To Know and Do...
9/14/2007 6:42:33 PM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/14/2007 7:13:23 PM

Nick, you are quick. I didn't even have time to finish proof reading it!!! There is an error that needs correcting:

Revelation 22:14,15  Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Bless you my friend!!

+0
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/20/2007 9:30:50 AM
Hi Jim,

thanks for the invite here, very interesting study here.

Well  a very surrendered heart, and life to Christ  lets the Holy Spirit do  the work in us...then obeying the 'Law' changes..its no more a LAW.... it becomes just the Right thing to do...!!! while others try obeying the law to the 'T' without the Holy Spirit..they find it burdensome, and difficult to follow thru' but when its done through surrender to Christ...its easy and pleasureable as in Rom;

Romans 8:1-9   Such obedience is possible only through the indwelling power of the Holy Spirit

Thanks Jim for letting us have a say.

Blessings

Pauline R
+0
Valerie Clavin

4235 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/20/2007 9:51:06 AM

James,

Sorry I've neglected your forum, and others as well. I'll try to do better.

As I learn more about myself, I learn more about God and His wisdom.

Seems to me that if we truly wish to walk in the paths that God has given us to salvation, we must know and understand who "we are". Even Jesus told us that we must Love ourselves first before we can claim to Love Him or anyone else. This really does make more sense now than it has ever before.

Blessings

Valerie Clavin

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!