Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: To Know and Do...
9/26/2007 8:55:08 AM

Hi Jim, I am so pleased to see this discussion continuing.  I have looked through all of the posts to see and it amazed me how many different ways there are to say the same thing!!  I loved your story about you walks after Church on the Sabbath.  I have a picture of a somewhat perfect life there!!

Blessings, my friend!

Judy

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/26/2007 9:34:04 AM

Hi Judy, if there could be a perfect life on this earth, I suppose my childhood days came close. I wouldn't take back the experiences I had as a boy, and I must admit,  those days, especially the ones overseas,  were unique. Having Godfearing parents made the difference.

+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/26/2007 10:19:22 AM

Hi Jim.

The childhood you had and mine are on a totally different spectrum - you were blessed in many ways.

Here is a question.  In your post you used the word "Godfearing" when you referred to your parents.  I have for many years, kept that word out of my vocabulary.  What do we have to fear?  If we follow His path, it should all be good, right?

I know it is just a word, it is just one that I almost have a physical reaction to when I see ot hear it.  The teaching I had as a child that did not include a lot of Bible Study, put that FEAR of the Lord in me and it took a long time to get it out and understand that He was what the Bible says He is, all loving, and forgiving, and understanding.

Blessings, my firend, i am anxious to hear  your thoughts on this.

Judy

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/26/2007 12:57:09 PM

Judy, I'm glad you brought this question up. Actually, the word fear, in the King James Version does not actually mean fear. It's another word which means believe it or not, to LOVE!! Let me find you some examples.

+0
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/26/2007 3:25:57 PM
Mike is always very informative and matter of fact in presenting information and I have not seen any contradictions to what I know of the Catholic church.
Jim, you remind me of when I visited one recently-I went to Catholic school and I know the drills-but I also will also be me and decided to sit in the back and be the joy- leader.
I really got into the service bouncing and clapping and singing with the choir and heartly shaking hands at the appropriate time-I definitely noticed the "looks" from some of the stodgy parishoners and the joy in the eyes of the children and some of the more open minded ones.
I really enjoyed the service and I dare say the people in the pews around me did as well.
As this was a "drive-by" chuch visit; they were left wondering: "Who was that bouncy lady!"?
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!