Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jo
Jo Matthias

2947 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Panda Pointer--What's Nice and what's not!! You tell us! Survey
9/19/2007 4:21:54 PM

Hello Mary,

I have updated my 'Welcome to AdlandPro" letter to include another of your links.... 

When I recieve an invitation from someone who is not on my friends list that is an ad, I tell them that "it would be nice if they were on my friends list before they tried to sell me something" and I send the Welcome letter.  Hopefully, people will visit the links and learn something.....

Ally, you are a sweetheart!!!!

VOTE!!!! POTM!!!
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/19/2007 4:37:34 PM
Jo, I just checked to make sure your point was included. I think # 11 covers it. We can't stop people from sending ads but they should know they may not be accepted with enthusiasm. Jo, and anyone else who wants to promote Panda Pointers. Use this url and you won't have to update. It also will shorten the information. People could put it on their favorites. This is the index page. http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/809813.aspx So far I have one documentated disagreement with presenting to the general membership of Adlandpro. Everyone else is either silent and hiding or in agreement with the warnings proposed here.
+0
Jo
Jo Matthias

2947 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/19/2007 5:42:50 PM

Hello Mary,

You are a doll, thank you so much for all you do.....

VOTE!!!! POTM!!!
+0
10/28/2007 9:07:21 AM

Mary,

You have established some excellent points that I believe possible members should read and agree to before they become members.

The advice about monitoring forums is a one of the best ways there is to control comments and advertisements.

At one time there was a member that made a plea for money so I had them checked out.  I had a friend and business partner that lived in the same city and he went by their place to check them out.

As it turned out they had several dogs and cats around their place, and when he knocked on their door to meet them, they did not even answer the door.

Needless to say, I did not answer their plea for money.

James Kinney The Cardioman Cardio Cocktail www.drinkcardiococktail.com/30724 Joint Cocktail:www.formor.com/30724 Check My Home Page http://www.viradyne.com/moneypartners
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/28/2007 10:19:11 AM

Mary, thank you for your words of wisdom. I have personally tried to explain to people who have spammed my forums. Some of them understand, but others just don't respond again. I assume they just go and spam elsewhere. There will always be those who take it the wrong way when you try to explain or help them out. Those that do respond, at least some of them, are new here, and don't really know what a forum is for.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!