Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Better a broken promise...
7/29/2005 2:06:44 PM
Wow Bogdan, Sounds like you got a controversial one going here. I got to get some sleep so I'll join in later. Can't wait to hear all the replies. Have a great day Bogdan! JOHN
+0
7/29/2005 3:07:07 PM
I always wondered if the real Mark Twain ( Samual Clemens) was more "Huck Finn" or "letters From Earth".....???
+0
Bogdan Fiedur

4624 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/29/2005 3:07:55 PM
Hello Dr Bob, A Swiss theologian, Johann Kaspar Lavater wrote in the late 1700's, a bit of advice that may be more important now than ever... "Depend on no man, on no friend but him who can depend on himself. He only who acts conscientiously toward himself, will act so toward others." Use this when accepting someone's promise. Ultimately you are the one responsible for the things which are happening to you. Bogdan Fiedur
Be a victor not a victim. Simply be responsible for what happensin your life.
Truth can only be found by those who have the humility to consider what they do not prefer.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn | Tumblr | My Blog

+0
Drbob Siegman

247 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
7/29/2005 5:23:06 PM
Hi Bogdan, Beautiful come back and your right too. We all now know you can really back up the quotes you use. Have a great Day
+0
Bob
Bob Needham

115 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
7/29/2005 5:59:19 PM
Hi Bogdan, Thanks for posting this quote, I like a little controversy. I gotta say, my first thought was with the majority on this one. Whether it be the promiser or the promisee, an unfulfilled promise is worse than no promise at all. But, I did found a way to make an unfulfilled promise a valuable thing. If I am disappointed once by somebodies unfulfilled promise, I will not rely on him again. This may save me from a more dire circumstance in the future. I think George W. said it best. lol http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/multimedia/bushism_fool_me_once.mp3 All the best. Bob
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!