Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Come Take A Look At Our Website for the Hearing Impaired!
5/22/2007 1:15:29 PM

Hiya guys .... did I 'hear' somebody calling me ... waddya say? .. I'm DEAF see, cant' 'hear' ya very well .. speak UP now, don't be shy .... ;-))

Oh yeah ... this site that I'm trying to cobble together ... I'm working on it.

It's getting it's own Domain name and, it'll be " AZ-Hearing.com " ... geddit? it sounds like MY hearing and, what WE hear when we try to listen to those D**n Audio's and Video's out there .... VERY  'azey.

Ever tried to Listen to anyone, under water? ... ya want to give it a go ... get someone to stand next to you in the pool and get 'em to go under and SHOUT at you .... you'll get NEAR to what WE are getting, on the 'net .....

Anyway .... anyone who wishes to take a look and, offer ANY advice or help is VERY welcome and everything that is offered or said will be taken on board ... we need for this to succeed and be THE stepping stone to get the help that is needed for us 'deaffies' to be able to get to where others may be getting to, so easily ... so C'Mon guys .. chip in Your ten cents ... we'll appreciate it.

BTW, it is NOT just for the deaf or hearing impaired ... we have had enquiries from people who have no sound on their computers so, that sort of thing is quite common too and just as frustrating so, as said ... anything that can be contributed by way of help would be a GREAT help .....

One way that you ALL can help is, tell ALL you friends, aquiantances or anyone, about this forum or, about the site ... every little helps ... yeah?

The site is at::  http://tinyurl.com/2n5eox

The Very Best Regards to ALL of you .... David

Nice to be here and .. The Internet can make YOU money http://www.clickaudit.com/goto/?62419
+0
5/22/2007 1:26:14 PM

Thanks David for making your long-awaited appearance! It's nice to see you here and hopefully people will take your advice and visit the site, then come up with ways in which to make it better, altough cobbled together dosn't really do it justice, it's a nice site right now, I realize that there's more much more to come along in the future including the BIG SURPRISE we are keeping under wraps for now. Well, you know me, I gotta go and get back to business.

Take Care David,

Your partner,

Steve

+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/22/2007 1:30:49 PM
Hi Steve,

Thank you so much for anwering my questions.  I've tagged the site on del.icio.us and look forward to seeing it develop.

I'm sure you understand my concern and I'm glad I didn't cause any offense.

As for my grandfather - he was a most amazing man.  His deafness was caused by being hit by a train while he and his new wife were on their honeymoon.  The car they were in was hit at a blind crossing after the gateman fell asleep and didn't close the gate. 

My grandmother went through the roof and, thankfully, only received a few scratches (the car had a slat and canvass roof.)  My grandfather, on the other hand, was driven through the driver's door and received severe head injuries, which, although he recovered quite well, caused the bone to grow over in both ears.

There is now a very successful operation for that condition, but it wasn't available soon enough for him.

Grandad went on to develop a very solid reputation as a marine mechanic and machinist, and at age 50, started his own marine business with practically no money and became a millionaire by the time he was in his 70s.  He was quite a guy and his hearing impairment didn't slow him down at all.

God bless,

Dave
+0
5/22/2007 1:43:52 PM

THANKS for that story about your Grandad Dave, it's just amazing isn't it that he could do what he did?

Just to tell you tha the BEST Professional Percussion Musician in Britain, Evelyn Glennie is deaf but, it don't get in her way .. does it?

But, these pesky Internet things ..... ooooh  ggrrrrerrrr

And, to put my ten cents to what you were saying about the Site Dave ..... we have to start somewhere and, this is the way that we found to be the easiest.

Don't understand your point about the Paypal e-mail addresss though .... all Paypal accounts have an e-mail address .....

Best Regards,  david

Nice to be here and .. The Internet can make YOU money http://www.clickaudit.com/goto/?62419
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/22/2007 1:51:23 PM
Hi David,

I just wanted to clarify why I mentioned Paypal and the email address - I was simply doing some due diligence and wondered about the address, as I expected to see a more secure email address than a gmail account.  However, you and Steve have answered my questions quite well, and I understand now that this is quite new.

I wish you much success.

God bless,

Dave
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!