Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Come Take A Look At Our Website for the Hearing Impaired!
5/21/2007 10:54:22 PM
I agree with you completely but, alas, changing the entire internet overnight won't happen. That's what we want too, Barbara, without a doubt, internet access for all everywhere including all of the cyber world. Equality for all people, black, white, men, women, sightless, the hearing-impaired all of them every one. Our efforts have to do with taking that first baby step that leads to walking then running with your ideas, and yes it Will Happen! Thank you, Barbara for such a beautiful post. Any other thoughts you might have on the subject would be so appreciated!!!
+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/21/2007 11:00:59 PM
I do have further thoughts there Stephen and would like for you and our friend to take a look at this information. DIRECTOR: Douglas Watson, Ph.D.
University of Arkansas
4601 W. Markham Street
Little Rock, AR 72205
Voice/TTY: 501-686-9691
FAX: 501-686-9698
E-mail:
rehabres@cavern.uark.edu
Web site: http://www.uark.edu/deafrtc
The center focuses on issues affecting the employability of deaf and hard of hearing rehabilitation clients-career assessment, career preparation, placement, career mobility, and advancement. It provides information and/or databases related to the rehabilitation of deaf and hard of hearing people served by the Federal/State Vocational Rehabilitation Program  Thanks!!
AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
5/21/2007 11:01:09 PM

Thank you Terry for such a thoughtful post! If the world were made out of people like you there wouldn't be these problems to contend with. Audios that the deaf can't hear, Videos that tantalize them with sight but have no subtitles. isn't it sort of ridiculous? Any other thoughts, stories, and ideas you might have about this subject asre always welcome here Terry!

Thanks for your Thoughts,

Steve Hall

+0
5/21/2007 11:07:02 PM

Thanks Thomas for providing us with a marvelous resource I didn't even knew existed! Can't wait to check it out. Thanks again for all your help! The world would do well to have many more people like you on it! 

Regards,

Steve hall

+0
5/21/2007 11:24:29 PM

Post all you like Diane, these facts are incredible. I cannot believe that they wouldn't let a deaf person sit on a jury! That's ridiculous! Haven't they ever heard of eyesight and the sharper observational/visual skills of the deaf? What about providing that hearing-impaired person with a transcript of the days deliberations? Wouldn't that work as well. Don't they do that already for the hearing? Unbelieveable. If I'm ever tried for anything I'd like twelve hearing-impaired citizens on my jury! That is, of course, if I'm innocent! Thanks again Diane for your thoughtful stories that hit the mark, every one, every time! Do you have any more?

Regards,

Steve Hall

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!