Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Come Take A Look At Our Website for the Hearing Impaired!
5/22/2007 12:06:54 AM

Thank you so much for your kind words Miss Annie they are most aptly put about the misery of being deaf. But do you know, deaf people who have been deaf awhile often do not enjoy it when their hearing is restored? Why this is I'm not really sure, but,......

Thanks again for your beautiful post. All ideas and thoughts are welcome here, no matter what propels you to speak please do speak your mind, your heart, your soul, and your spirit. May we eventually see a day when the interent becomes as accessable to the hearing-impaired as it is to those of us with all of our senses, when indeed we do come to our senses!

Regards,

Miss Annie,

Enjoy a blessed life!

Steve Hall

P.S. Miss Annie, keep them coming!

+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/22/2007 1:24:21 AM
Hi Steve,

I think it's a truly great idea to make sure that all websites are accessible to everyone, including the deaf and the blind.

That's why I try to always use ALT tags for images and lots of text on my sites.  I have friends online who are blind (most people would never guess) and my grandfather was deaf.  Yes, he LOVED music.  He would set his teeth on the piano while I played very lively music, and his feet would be dancing all over while he hung on by his teeth!

I have looked at the website and have some very important questions that I need some good answers to.

What do you get for $9.95 per month?  There are absolutely no products listed on the website, the paypal address is a gmail address, the seller is unverified and it's a brand new account.

The website, itself, is a subdomain on the ProfitMatic site.

Please share with us what makes this a valuable resource for the deaf  (at least what makes it worth $9.95 per month.

God bless,

Dave
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/22/2007 7:56:50 AM

Hi Stephen, we who have all our 5 senses don't realize how fortunate we are except when we come in contact with one of those who is less fortunate. It's definitely an eye opener, and one we should pay closer attention to. We often times become complacent in our daily lives. Thanks for sharing.

+0
5/22/2007 9:23:19 AM
 Dear James,

It isn't always a case of being less fortunate, I don't feel sorry for someone who is deaf, I do feel empathy however for not making the internet accessible to them. There is such a thing as deaf pride, and being proud of who you are, no matter what the disability these days. These people are called by me the new deaf, the proud deaf, who won't let the internet take away what we all need, simply access to information! I do thank you for your kind words and keep on positng please we need your thoughtful input!

Regards,

Steve Hall

+0
5/22/2007 9:40:09 AM

Dear David,

I'm so glad you asked about the fee. For $9.95  a month the subscriber will be receiving all the tools necessary to build their own website and to go into business for themselves. That's the main idea behind the existence of the site, to give the deaf an even playing field. This month we are giving away three pieces of software when you join, as well as continuous mentoring and coaching by both myself and David Archer-Longren, a deaf person who understands exactly what the hearing-impaired need to succeed. While we can't guarantee the profitablity of any one website, we can guarantee that anyone who joins up willl receive our total suppport and commitment to assist in helping  them to succeed. Mentoring and personal coaching like we're offering doesn't come as inexpensively as this anywhere else on the web, at least that I know of. Does this answer your question? If not please post again. Post again anyway. The story of your grandfather with his teeth on the piano is priceless! If you have any more stories of him I'd appreciate you sharing them with the other forum members. Thank you so much!

Regards,

Steve Hall

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!