Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: OK, then... Let's just break all the rules!
5/11/2007 3:27:13 AM
Hi Nick, Lol!! What an ugly kid.... You just helped to emphasize my point about the picture rule. Someone could crop and paste a headshot from your picture and paste it into their profile as their picture, and no one could say anything about it. Who can honestly say it isn't an accurate photo? It just might be, and the owner of that mug would be extremely offended! God bless, Dave
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/11/2007 3:35:12 AM
Hi Jenny, Thank you for some great points! People taking stands on issues that they don't know the background of from all sides. People using "friends" to support their egos at the cost of the sharing of information and healthy networking that could and has been a consistent part of this community. That is so sadly true. Great debates have gone on over issues that could have and should have been settled privately, or simply shrugged off. When someone attacks me, I think of it kind of like light snow falling on my shoulders. One little shrug makes it all fall off. Thank you for not naming names. Many know what's going on, and those who are left don't need to! (BTW - what happens when a weanie takes a bow?? I'm trying to picture that in my head...) God bless, Dave
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/11/2007 3:44:06 AM
Hi Arthur, Alas, our friend, Neil, is no longer part of this community. He sent me an email saying that his membership has been terminated. Unfortunately, I think there are far too few of us here who really understand the loss to this community. Yes, many were offended by his posts, but they REALLY need to grow thicker skins and warmer hearts. What we all saw in Neil's posts to this community were not hateful attacks, but real passion, which is something rare, indeed, these days. I have been the brunt of quite a few of Neil's strongly-worded posts and questions regarding my intelligence, reading comprehension, beliefs, etc., and STILL consider him a good friend. If only people would look beneath the surface and see real passion coming out, rather than simply seeing words on a page and reacting. Anyway, Neil and I are still in contact, although I have been very poor at answering his (and anyone else's) emails these last busy weeks!) And YES! YES! YES! Neil would NEVER pretend to be all sweet an nice and then sneak around behind your back. He's a far better man than that. Regarding "official offense-takers:" yes, there do seem to be a few lurking around. It would be great if they would tell the person they were offended by just what offended them! God bless, Dave
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/11/2007 3:48:26 AM
Hi Mary, Woohoo!! You definitely still have class... and your tongue very definitely stuck way out in your cheek! lol! Your post is so great, I just can't think of anything to add to it! It's my smile of the day! BTW, you're at the top of the list in my books for friends to invite to my forums. It seems that sometimes, even in this age of electronic wonders, that the mail just doesn't always get through. God bless, Dave
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/11/2007 3:52:40 AM
Hi Bill, As an owner of a (much smaller) community, I know how difficult it can be to enforce the rules, as it takes a considerable amount of time to do so, but I definitely try and do agree that the rules must apply equally to everyone. Thanks for sharing some excellent points. God bless, Dave
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!