Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
John Leal

1107 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: OK, then... Let's just break all the rules!
5/10/2007 8:20:07 PM
Hi Dave Speaking of profile pics, why anyone would put up a picture of a dog or suchlike has me beat.
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/10/2007 8:47:44 PM

Ok Dave,

I have 9 and 10.  Just have to have 10 rules about rules.

9.  I'm a trend setter ahead of my time---the rules will change eventualy.

10.  Nobody ever told me

That should help clear up any misconceptions about the rules.

+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/11/2007 3:12:25 AM
Hi Joe, First of all, I must say that I consider myself to be in good company! I am quite baffled by the meaning behind said email, but am quite sure, seeing the size and colour of my name in print, that more people are aware of my existence now than ever before. I HAVE tried to find out the why of the whole thing, but have not been successful. Hey, if the oil company you mention wanted a to put a good face on their profile, maybe they could choose a top environmental activist! Wouldn't that kill two birds with one stone?? Anyway, as far as the rule on photos or any other other rules, it IS up to the owner to make them, but if one does not like a rule, it could be taken up with the owner. It doesn't mean the rule will be changed, but it is the right way to deal with it, and sometimes surprising things happen. In the end, the owner has the right to do what he wants, and we have the right to decide if we want to be a part of the community or not. Wow, does that chap on Powerloss.com ever need to get a life! Life is too short for that kind of childish behaviour. My advice to anyone who finds him/herself in a nasty situation that can't be satisfied successfully is to get over it and get on with life. Thanks for making this community a little brighter! God bless, Dave
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/11/2007 3:13:57 AM
Hi Leon, Oh-oh... maybe I should change the name of this forum - if that link is a rant, this thread is an ode! Lol! God bless, Dave
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/11/2007 3:23:09 AM
Hi Brian, Perhaps the conflict resolution committee should post pictures of the members of the committee one week per member on a rotating basis. That would be something like what TGAMM FM had to do... As far as the fairness issue goes, I would have to point out to start with that life's not fair. Furthermore, there's an age old rule - "Him who holds the power makes the rules," (and can break them if he needs to) Since Bogdan owns Adlandpro, he's the one with the power. It's THEIR business I would have to disagree - it's Bogdan's business. However, that does not mean that I agree with the rule. The problem I have with the rule is that it is actually quite unenforceable. I've already seen several cases where members have either posted a picture that is NOT their own, OR posted a picture of what they looked like twenty or so years ago, which is not an accurate depiction, at all. So... while I'm sure the rule was made for reasons that seemed to make sense, it isn't necessarily being followed, anyway. God bless, Dave
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!