Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Planning for Retirement Years Ahead
4/7/2007 11:43:59 AM

Ed,

Great, except I have to worry about getting there.  I live in Ohio and would have to travel to Fla. or Ca.  Cruise and freight liners are options.

I once heard of a lady who was very wealthy who did spend a year on the ocean.  You are not far off with this idea.

+0
4/7/2007 5:07:44 PM
Hi Mary, I've heard of some people deciding to live on a cruise ship! I have no idea about the discount for long-term cruising, but that would take care of the travel costs! I'm in the same quandary as Herb, so more research would be appreciated LOL Wonder if cruise ships take cats? If Arthur can find a livable place for $100/week I'd like to hear about it. How many critters would you have to board with? Here in Florida it's nearly impossible to find an apartment, much less an affordable one. All the owners of the complexes decided to convert them into condominiums. Which means that if you are one of the people who by chance/circumstances or just plain not saving money for your future the outlook is very dim. Mary, you hit the nail on the head when you talked about how the marketplace keeps haranguing us to 'upgrade' 'upgrade' 'upgrade'. Bigger, better, newer, shinier. And we all fall for it every day! As everyone has said, it's impossible to predict what your future will bring. Look at the people who, in good faith, bought into Enron and were suddenly left with nothing? Ya never know........
+0
Beth Schmillen

3061 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/8/2007 1:51:17 PM
Hi Mary, I'm ready to check into a Holiday Inn now! LOL! Why wait until you retire? I'm going to send this to my email FWD friends! thanks and Happy Bunny Day! Beth
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/8/2007 2:49:01 PM

Hi Beth,

That's great, you just increased our Adlandpro presence on the internet.  I have tried sending my friends some of the best forum threads here also.  That helps us get our ads out into the public.  

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/8/2007 3:35:15 PM

Hi Lorraine,

Fla. and Ca. are no longer good places to retire.  The cost is out of this world I hear.  North and South Carolina are becoming more and more popular.  Some states are encouraging retirement living by supporting companies who will come and build a retirement community.  Think of all the services that will be needed.  These states see it as employment opportunity.

Lorraine, you can come north to Lima, Ohio. We are in the top 6 lowest housing  costs communites in the USA.  We also have snow in April, like right now.  The alternative is tornado season which isn't too cool either.

Could I trade you dwellings just for Nov. thru May next year?

+0