Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Planning for Retirement Years Ahead
4/6/2007 5:24:13 PM
Hi Donald, Reality hurts too much so a little humor helps us endure. Getting ready to retire a second time in several weeks, and all the planning in the world is not assuring me that this is a good idea. The first problem is insurance.
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/6/2007 5:25:47 PM
Hi Steven, Thanks for humoring an ol lady. This kind of entertainment keeps me out of trouble.
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/6/2007 5:32:00 PM
Herb, Hotel 6 will leave the light on...... Holiday Inn, not sure but then if you stay in the room come evening there will be no problem. Now you have thrown water on my plan. The cat and dog???? Back to the drawing board I go. Some hotels accept animals so will need to check this out. There also could be an extra fee for animals. I did not figure into the budget, vet visits and pet food. You know how to ruin a good plan, eh Herb? Why not forum a commune group and go to Three Rivers, Mich. Pets are usually acceptable. There are cabins that hold 8 people so the cost could be split. When the hunters come, we would have to leave and go somewhere else during hunting season. Get back with me if you can shed any light on this pet problem.
+0
Chuck Bartok

258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
4/6/2007 5:33:29 PM

Well, at least we have our Humor...

But we did have a good idea what things would cost by reading History..

It repeats itself over & over.

40 years ago we encouraged and placed our clients in plans that would provide 3-5 times their current income at the Time. ( thank goodness most are generating more than that

You are right...

Most people buy into the system of excess...

Things like a "home is an Investment....

Anything that requires interest & payments with no Income in excess of outgo is not an Investment...

They are called Liabilities.

Happy Easter to all!!

Life is just plan FUN when you do what YOU want to Do and not
what the MOB wants you to do

Chuck & Shirley Bartok Northern California http://bestbusinessmindset.com http://youcanbuildit.info 530-798-0245
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/6/2007 5:35:43 PM
Arthur, Now we know better than to believe gov't promises. Just so the young folk keep working and throwing money into Soc. Sec. What if they refuse to work and provide for us older folk. Perish the thought, they really could. Illegal immigrants are filling in the work force but they aren't contributing to the fund. Sorry you brought up national debt as I have my own personal worries. I can't even read the national debt figures. I know, we owe, we owe, we owe.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!