Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Sue
Sue Marshall

113 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Jokes Thread
3/15/2007 9:27:52 AM
Marty

Love those, it is good to laugh and I just laughed my socks off!!!

Keep em coming guys...

Sue
+0
Joe
Joe Downing

9720 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/15/2007 9:41:49 AM
Hi Sue,

All in fun!  What would we do without our English Chaps and Chapettes?  Our countries have marched together through many tough times and that is to be admired by the world.

One of my bosses grew up in the Cornwall district.  She is a hoot.  I love it when she says, "Excuse me, I'm off to the lou".  I always tell her, "only if you skip".  It use to throw her one, but she finally figured it out.  It has been fun learning a foreign language with her.  Her tele number is 144.  I love to hear her annunciate the "four". 

I forgot some very important things in my previous post.  I forgot to mention why our chips ain't soggy.  Have you ever tried to scoop up some jalepeno salsa with your chips?  Hoodoggie!  I'd pay to watch that.  (BTW, my spell checker is trying to change 'jalepeno' with 'dependable'.)  

I look forward to the party.  Let's have it in one of your castles.  Now that would be cool... literally.  I'm guessing that you know where part of my genealogy extends from?  We have not been able to determine if we are from the Irish or English Downings.  Guess my great Cherokee grandmother didn't rightly care too much about that at the time.  Since I've never had a green beer, I guess one could assume.  However, I do eat green chilli ALL the time.  Hmmmmm......   Did you catch the Colt's game?  I believe they were drinking X2O versus the other team drinking the ever famous Gat.........
***ADLAND BULLETIN BOARD*** What is Xtreme X2O? ###Get some X2O and Jerky RADICAL for the TRUTH! Laus Deo! ** HUG DEPARTMENT: Always OPE
+0
Robert Montgomery

140 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/15/2007 10:58:03 AM

All in good fun.....

I saw this back a few years on a loo wall in Mildenhalle and saved it because it was indeed some English Nobleman who could ever dare post this....

Britain is the only country in the world where the food is more dangerous than the sex.
- - - Jackie Mason

England, the heart of a rabbit in the body of a lion. The jaws of a serpent, in an abode of popinjays.
- - - Eugene Deschamps

English coffee tastes like water that has been squeezed out of a wet sleeve.
- - - Fred Allen "Treadmill to Oblivion"

I know why the sun never sets on the British Empire: God wouldn't trust an Englishman in the dark.
- - - Duncan Spaeth

The English think soap is civilization.
- - - Heinrich von Treitschke

The Englishman who has lost his fortune is said to have died of a broken heart.
- - - Ralph Waldo Emerson

There is one thing on earth more terrible than English music, and that is English crispies
- - - Heinrich Heine

The one thing that Long John Silvers has over Englands fish and chips is: Long John Silvers uses real fish.
- - - John Lennon

Robert

Ram_Industries Robert A. Montgomery http://Martech-Inc.biz
+0
Sue
Sue Marshall

113 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/15/2007 12:32:35 PM
Joe,

I will start looking round for a decent castle now - just let me make a bit of decent money first LOL...

Robert,

Love the quotes, we English are a quirky bunch, tis true....

Everyone, I have a really dear and close friend who lives in MaryLand, Havre De Grace to be slightly more pricise... she and I communicated online for more than a year then we met properly when I went over to the States, we all stayed with her family for a few days and had such fun together, I miss her terribly, hope to see her again this year.  Some stories from that trip another time, ask me why the police phoned her house looking for us!!!

Anyway, I digress.... She totally gets my sense of humour and I hers and we got so close and would and still do love to totally take the ***** out of each other so much so that we now do not use our names when signing our emails, she is FY and I am FL.. I love that I can do that with her and it seems you guys don't mind me and my sense of humour either, love it.

Explanation of the FY and FL may have to be by private message, so message me here if you want to know more.

Sue Your Chappette
+0
Joe
Joe Downing

9720 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/15/2007 12:58:45 PM
The "L" threw me, but I figured it must be an English thing.  Does it have anything to do with Robert's quote above about Long John Silver?
***ADLAND BULLETIN BOARD*** What is Xtreme X2O? ###Get some X2O and Jerky RADICAL for the TRUTH! Laus Deo! ** HUG DEPARTMENT: Always OPE
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!