Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Mystery - Define occult - Blame Jill Bachman hehehehe
11/24/2006 7:18:38 PM

Hello Jill ... how are you today?

mmmm ... you've got me thinking a bit more now ... so I had to go digging a little deeper ... and this is what I came up with ....

...... The word occult comes from the Latin occultus (clandestine, hidden, secret), referring to the 'knowledge of the secret' or 'knowledge of the hidden' and often popularly meaning 'knowledge of the supernatural', as opposed to 'knowledge of the visible' or 'knowledge of the measurable', usually referred to as science. The term is sometimes popularly taken to mean 'knowledge meant only for certain people' or 'knowledge that must be kept hidden', but for most practicing occultists it is simply the study of a deeper spiritual "reality" that extends beyond pure reason and the physical sciences. The terms esoteric and arcane can have a very similar meaning, and the three terms are often interchangeable.

The term occult is also used as a label given to a number of organizations or orders, and the teachings and practices as taught by them. The name also extends to a large body of literature and spiritual philosophy.....

So, technically, if we go by this definition .... mmmm .... we could even define the human mind as occult ... don't you think?

Luv n hugs and have a great weekend

Venerina

+0
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/24/2006 7:21:46 PM

Hello Tom ...

Thank you for posting my friend and I can't believe for one minute that this is too deep for you .... heheheh

I like the definitions you found .... thank you

Have a lovely weekend

Venerina

+0
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/24/2006 7:25:52 PM

Hello Nick and thank you

I guess I can see how the unknown can be very scary and yet at the same time hold a wild fascination and attractiveness.

Thank you for your contribution ...

Have a wonderful weekend

Venerina

+0
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/24/2006 8:21:55 PM

Hello Robert and thank you for posting ...

Wow ... where do I start? ... ok, well, I am afraid that I do not believe in the occult as anything minimumly related to satanism or devil worship ... although I can see why ... in popular culture ... this could be one of the sad definitions of the term ...

I believe there is so much in existance that doesn't readily meet the eye ... but I am not one of these people that has to see to believe ...

I feel and I feel I know .... and that is enough to satisfy my inner me ... the spiritual scientist .... however, there is so much that will not be resolved scientifically ... nor should we try to rationalise on it too much...

I am hoping that some of these "known" - "unknowns" are going to come to light here ....

Big hugs and have a wonderful weekend my friend.

Venerina

+0
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/24/2006 8:47:22 PM

Hello beautiful Hortense

Run for cover???? .... get back here young lady!!!!! hehehehe

I understand though .... peace and love to you too ...

Have a great weekend & hugs

V.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!