Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Geketa Holman

2080 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: How far are you prepared to go in the name of love?
11/22/2006 6:22:32 PM

Hi V,

I had to ponder this one a bit, I have to say I would go the extra mile in the name of love. I would also do what ever it takes, how ever long it takes , go where ever I need to in the name of love. Love is giving , kind , forgiving , does no harm to others, sees only the best and allows the others involved to grow.

I would say in the name of love I would like to think that I would die if necessary for those I love . so I would go as far as I need to in the name of love.

Blessings and hugs

Geketa

Hear, O Israel the L-rd our G-d,the L-rd is one http://www.DHGBoutique.com
+0
Deborah Skovron

2979 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/22/2006 10:47:01 PM

Hi Venerina,

Love has to come from within. When you care more for others than you do for yourself that is love.

Your Good Friend

Deborah

BrandName Kidswear starting at $2.65. http://debs-kids.com 12 Page Book thats creating miracles...FREE http://www.debs-kids.com/star-thrower.pdf Where Money Grows Like Kids
+0
11/23/2006 12:54:45 AM
Dear Venerina, I must say Robert has nailed it on the head! Love yourself first  is the key to all the other kinds of love! Love is a deep spiritual journey that can be between two people or 20 and it is the beginning of sharing yourself  totally with those you care for and it doesn't necessarily need to be returned but it is nice if it is! How far would you go for love? Since there are so many different kinds of and degrees of love it would be hard to say how far one would go without any set situation to compare it to. If it were a person you loved deeply you would die for them! Such as your spouse, your children, your family.  If it were close friends you would probably be less dramatic but still worry and care for them in need and help them out. If it were casual friends you might offer advice , sympathy and a hot line number to call  for help if your advice didn't work. With all the different relationships one has with all the people they meet you can only just love all as your sisters and brothers some you are closer to some you aren't but all are important to the overall family structure and you care for all and that is as it should be. How far would you go for a stranger that was your sister or brother in God's eyes? only you can anwer that, we all act and think differently in any situation, if just saying hello brightens thier day, that is all they need right then. To some people that is a hard feat for them and it takes alotof love to just say those words to a stranger! Thanks for the deep topic!
+0
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/24/2006 6:13:34 PM

Hello my dear Jill

I think you are absolutely right ... love/passion .... means different things to different people and each individual choose what, or who, to dedicate that love to ...

In the past I have, perhaps, thrown too much love into the wrong channels, ie. into my work and little else.  I have turned my back on everything and everyone for the sake of my love for it ...

....but I have found that ... the older I get ... the more priorities change ... and directions change .... and well ... you know the rest  ...

There is no right or wrong ... just perspectives, preferences and priorities ...

Big hugs Lemurian Queen

Luv

V.

+0
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/24/2006 6:19:45 PM

Hi Daniel o dovrei dire .... ciao daniele ... ma lo parli l'Italiano o no?

No, I am not only talking about romantic love ...

Love has various forms ... it's not just about finding someone in your life ... or having an itch to scratch ... for some people love doesn't even involve another person ...

I am, actually, talking about love in general ... for the many facets of life and anything in it and whatever makes a human being feel love for ....

....  whether that be another human being, whether it be their job, an ambition ... whether it be for their rose garden or even winning a prize at growing the biggest pumpkin ....

What I am getting at ... is the love you have for something or someone and how far you are prepared to go for that love ....

Take care e salutoni carissimo

Venerina

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!