Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: How far are you prepared to go in the name of love?
11/21/2006 6:14:17 PM

Hello Mumsie

I agree with you ... but I would go as far as saying that love ... when it is love is in the soul ... it goes beyond any mental process and beyond ..... just beyond really ... It's a strange feeling but one that seems different somehow ....

I agree with you ... you have to love yourself first to recognise what love actually is ... and perhaps in finding that love for yourself you become less dependant on the love from someone else and, therefore, in a weird kind of way ... you can appreciate it more .... does that make sense?

Lots of love to you

V.

+0
11/21/2006 6:21:41 PM

Interesting question but I think as a  question it fundamentally flawed! Why would I go anywhere in the name of love? It sounds like it is something one has to do in order to achieve something and I don't think love is an achievement at all, but rather more of a state of being. However, if we are referring to developing a state of being through personal development in order to become more of a loving being, then I would say that I would go as far as needed. Meaning that in my own quest for knowledge as a seeker, that I lilke to think that I would have the courage to exercise as much self scrutiny as needed in order to move closer to source and to become more of a loving channel. I guess it ultimately depends on how you define love. For me love is a reflection of how closely I have connected with source on any given day.

Dan and Anna Latrimurti
+0
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/21/2006 6:29:28 PM

Hello Peter

Thank you for dropping by .... I am with you 100% ...

To the end of the earth and back!!!! So beautifully put!!!

... as for the details .... they want details as well? ... come on now ...

That's asking for too much .... lol

Take care and warm wishes

Venerina

+0
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/21/2006 6:42:53 PM

Hello Daniel and Anna

Thank you for your post and your observation about the post ... I don't think the question is flawed so much as oppen to interpretation ....

The question can be understood metaphorically ..... meaning .... how much are you prepared to do when you are in love? .....

Physically - How much distance would you cover if you had to?

Spiritually/Emotionally - As you pointed out ... referring to personal growth and development ....

... and I am sure other people may come up with other interpretations as well ...

I agree with you ... love is a state of being ... It is not an accomplishment ... although some may view it as such .... but many things can, and are accomplished in the name of love ... ie ... whilst being in this state of being .... and that was essentially what I was referring to ...

When you are in love, or love something with so much passion, how much are you prepared to do for it? .... what limits, if any, do you set yourself? .... are there any boundaries? ...

I am sorry for any misunderstanding ... perhaps I should have re-phrased my question ....

Take care and best wishes to you both

+0
Jill Bachman

8860 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/21/2006 6:56:14 PM
Hi Venerina,

Wow!  I have read your post 4 times now, and I am convinced there is no easy answer to your question  :-)

"Just how far would you be prepared to go in the name of love?"

I guess I would have to say.......that depends.  Love of work, of ambition, etc. is far different to me than love of family or close friends.  But, that is "to me" and that makes my concept of love what I personally perceive.  Not what you, Sam, Joe, or Paul perceive.......it's just what I perceive personally.

I would probably kill to demonstrate "unconditional love of family," but I would only kick and scream for perceived love (passion) related to work or ambition because it could (if necessary) ultimately be replaced. 

I think that love means different things to different people.  Some people open themselves to love immediately, and sometimes get hurt.  Others who have been hurt are more closely guarded to giving their love.  I am one of the latter, and it takes me time to cautiously warm up.  That does not mean it is right....it just means it is me.

I think we have all experienced shifting our goals between love of self and love of someone else (or thing).  In retrospect, it all boils down to what FEELS right or wrong.  That is the test.

My greatest gauge of telling if people are genuine boils down to a few simple things:

1.  Is their heart right?
2.  Do they practice the "Golden Rule"  (Or Golden Apple Rule, as it may be  :-)
3.  Do they sell their soul for money?

Now, when I apply that same test to myself, I can FEEL if I am doing the right thing or the wrong thing. 

Now, that I am totally off your subject, I will give this parable a rest......hehehe.

Anyway, food for thought?!!!

Bless you my friend,  Jill

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!