Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Fundamental Belief Number 15 - Baptism
9/6/2008 8:09:42 AM

Hi Thomas, thank you for sharing all the bible texts. Unlike the Old Coot, who did not want to see nor hear any of those.

Please go visit this thread and say a prayer there for my Uncle, who is in intensive care at the hospital right now:

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/1107343.aspx

+0
Karl Jones

33 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
10/14/2008 1:31:08 PM
Thanks James.
                         Is all of the information about baptism bible based, opinions, or just whatever one wants to believe? Because the Atheist is just loving this.

For the same book everyone claims to follow says that everyone is to speak the same thing and that there be no division among you.

Now if that is what the bible says and everyone believe it is God's word. Then why is there this religious division? 

Why is it that everyone have his or her own doctrine, creed or whatever you want to call it?

Does this not make the God of the bible the God of Confusion? 

If every can prove anything by the bible. What does that say about the God of the Bible?

Please give me scriptures to support that which is true. But if you say everyone is right concerning what they say concerning the bible on baptism. Then never mind.

Do you have your own world-wide-web yet? http://www.triond.com/rw/113863 For the Word of God:========> http://www.tftw.org/tftwir.html http://www.wsoj.net Click the LISTEN Button!
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/16/2008 9:38:43 AM

Karl, thank you for stopping by and making this post. You have many questions here, and I will refer back to my initial post in this forum thread for most of the answers.

"Baptism is a symbol of our union with Christ, the forgiveness of our sins, and our reception of the Holy Spirit. It is by immersion in water and is contingent on an affirmation of faith in Jesus and evidence of repentance of sin. It follows instruction in the Holy Scriptures and acceptance of their teachings." The scriptures below are the NIV translation.

Romans 6:1-6; 1What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? 2By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? 3Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life. 5If we have been united with him like this in his death, we will certainly also be united with him in his resurrection. 6For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin—  (Paul is talking here of baptism by immersion)

Col 2:12,13; 12having been buried with him in baptism and raised with him through your faith in the power of God, who raised him from the dead. 13When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

Acts 16:30-33; 30He then brought them out and asked, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?"  31They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household." 32Then they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all the others in his house. 33At that hour of the night the jailer took them and washed their wounds; then immediately he and all his family were baptized.

Acts 22:16; 16And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name.'

Acts 2:38; 38Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Matt 28:19,20; 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

This will answer some of your questions. I will answer more in another post.

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/16/2008 10:22:00 AM

Q. Is all of the information about baptism bible based, opinions, or just whatever one wants to believe? Because the Atheist is just loving this.

A. Karl, this forum is based upon what the Bible says. You are welcome,  none the less,  to share whatever you believe in.

Q. For the same book everyone claims to follow says that everyone is to speak the same thing and that there be no division among you.

Now if that is what the bible says and everyone believe it is God's word. Then why is there this religious division? 

A. There is religious division in this world because there is a devil who is anxious to get as many people on his side as he can before the end of time.

Q. Why is it that everyone have his or her own doctrine, creed or whatever you want to call it?

A. The United States of America was founded upon religious freedom. I base my religious views upon what is written in the Bible.

I need a set of guidelines to follow in order for me to be a good individual. In aviation we have a set of rules to follow in order for the skies we fly in to be safe. The Federal Aviation Administration has set forth these rules, and I must abide by them, they are called Federal Aviation Regulations.

I have chosen to use the Bible as my code of ethics for my personal life. I would rather believe that I was created, then evolved from somewhere. After all, were you not created inside your mother's womb? As far as I am concerned, we are all miracles performed by a higher authority, and in my eyes, that is God.

Q. Does this not make the God of the bible the God of Confusion? 

A. You be the judge. The reason these rules have been set forth are to maintain a constant in life. Take the ten commandments for example. Do you follow all of them in your daily life, or do you chose to follow just some of them? Do you take advantage of your neighbor's wife? What would happen if you got caught? What about if you go down to the grocery store and steal some produce? Would you feel any guilt?  And what about the 4th commandment which everyone seems to believe does not exist? (It does) How did it get changed to sunday and why?  And what about God, commandment number one says in verse three of Exodus 20 that we should have no other gods before him. What does that mean to you? To me it means that He is my creator, and He wishes me to serve Him only (and He will bless us if we do) that means we should follow all of His commandments that were written in stone by His hand.

Q. If every can prove anything by the bible. What does that say about the God of the Bible?

A. Again, you be the judge. To me, God is a fair and just God, and not a God of confusion. It is the devil who is creating the confusion.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!