Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jerilyn Merideth

1618 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Fundamental Belief Number 15 - Baptism
10/9/2006 8:03:55 AM

Hi James,

I thank you for you post!

I enjoyed it very much!

GOD BLESS,

Jerilyn

Jerilyn Merideth http://www.critterpower.com "Cutest Critter Photo Contest" now through April 30, 2011. "The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals" ~ Anonymous"
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/9/2006 11:12:04 AM
You are welcome Jerilyn, hope you had a great weekend!
+0
Tami Brooks

34 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
10/21/2006 9:13:21 PM
Thank you for the invite to your many forums Jim. We all need to get back to the ways and walks we should be doing on a daily basis. Thank you for posting all your forums for us, it is appreciated. Tami www.SoyScents.net
"Life is too short to burn bad candles!"
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/21/2006 9:36:41 PM

Hey Tami, you are welcome to share your views here. It's more or less an open discussion. Just so we keep it clean, and I don't think there's any question about that with you!!!!

+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/5/2008 10:54:36 PM
Greetings brother James, i was in your new forum post with his link in it and see so many posters, friends and members here.  Being a disciple of my rabbi Jesus i think this what he would say about Baptism. First in order for a man or a woman to have a relationship with God the wall must be broken down- your sins must be forgiven. The point in time sin is forgiven is the point in time a person is saved. Romans 3:23-25 , and who has sinned? Everyone right, so who is further away from God? All equal, all lost. Therefore a good moral life does ot save you. Faith in the blood of Jesus saves you and thats in v.25. the sins of omission well thats in Galatians 5:19-21 and in James 4:17 (sins of omission) and the eternal consequence of sin? read Romans 3:23.  By the way you are either in the light or you are in the darkness , there is no in between , 1 Peter 2:9-10. Its the sin the separates us from God Isaiah 59:1-2. now lets take a look at the lighter things shall we?  in John 3:1-7 you'll see Born again v.3, born of water and spirit v.5, born again v.7 its a personal adult decision.  so what message must one believe to be in the light? (to be saved) read Acts 2:22-24. Jesus is from God- miracles (v.24). Everyone is responsible for the crucifixion of Christ (v.23). All have sinned (Romans 3:23). And the response of people, Acts 2:37, they were cut to the heart, and so they asked what shall we do? Once the people believed, what did they do? Acts 2:38-42, Repent (Greek=to turn) and Be Baptized (Greek=to be immersed). The Purpose of Baptism? Sin forgiven- therefore this is the point in time a person is saved. Holy Spirit given to each who responded- power to live as God commands. In Romans 6:1-4 Baptism is the sharing (a participation) in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ (more than just a symbol). I have a study on false doctrines as well as praying Jesus into your heart that i did from what i learned when i was in my studys to become a disciple of Christ. I hope this helps you more with your knowledge of Baptism brother James. God_bless you all. Your prayerwarrior and friend Thomas :)
AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!