Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Another Prayer Request...
9/5/2008 9:36:06 PM

My Uncle Bob, (Robert L Jensen, MD) who is my mother's younger brother, has had a heart attack. This is his third one, (he's already had a quadruple bypass and a stint placed inside his heart) and they say they cannot do much for him. He's had diabetes for twenty years, and his arteries are all plugged up. He's spent many years in ER, and has been giving FAA flight physicals. He is in intensive care as I write this note. I spoke with him earlier today and he sounded in good spirits. I told him I would be praying for him.

As you know, I am a person who believes in the power of prayer, and I have many friends here in this community who will back me up.

Lets join hands in a prayer circle. If you know of any of your friends who are prayer warriers, please take a moment of your time and invite them to this circle.

"Our Father, who art in Heaven, we come here humbly tonight, in reverence and in awe of Your Mighty Power. We thank you for the sacrifice that you have made for us in, that, You gave Your Life for us, and we cannot do enough to thank you. Your Holy Word, the Bible has promised that where two or three are gathered together in His Name, He will hear our prayers. I am inviting the Holy Spirit to this place, as we gather together to request that you place Your healing hand upon my Uncle Bob, who has spent his life helping others. We honor You and praise You, and ask that Your will be done in his life. In Jesus Name we pray, Amen."

My mother and father are driving up to Collegedale as I write this to visit him. Pray also that they may have a safe trip. I wanted to go, but since I've just returned to work, I did not think it prudent, in the event I should be called on a trip. 

+0
Beverly Kersey

1239 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Another Prayer Request...
9/6/2008 12:41:53 AM

Our Heavenly Father, we bow down before you and sing your Holy Name. I know that you are surrounding Jim's Uncle Bob and his dear family, and Jim's parents' on their journey to be at Uncle Bob's bedside, with your comfort and love.

We know sweet Jesus that your Will be done and that we as Christians' know that it is part of Your plan for Uncle Bob's best. And we know that if Your plan is for Uncle Bob to come home to you, then we rejoyce in the knowledge that he is the thankful and happy one to finally be kneeling at your feet.

And we also know as Christians' that it is easier to say good-bye, because we are blessed in our faith and we also will be with you some day.

In You're Holy Name

Amen and Amen

Never alone

Never alone

Beverly Kersey
+0
9/6/2008 5:34:55 AM

O Father of mercies and God of all comfort, our only help in time of need:
We humbly beseech thee to behold, visit and relieve thy sick servant Bob, for whom our prayers are desired. 
Look upon him with the eyes of thy mercy; comfort him with a sense of thy goodness; preserve him from the temptations of the enemy; and give him patience under his affliction.  
In thy good time, restore him to health, and enable him to lead the residue of his life in thy fear, and to thy glory; and grant that finally he may dwell with thee in life everlasting; through Jesus Christ our Lord.  Amen.

St. Christopher, holy patron of travelers, protect James's parents and lead them safely to their destiny.

God Bless

Fionnuala

Visit your safe place on the Internet http://www.homebizhaven.com
+0
9/6/2008 8:06:00 AM
You're on the right track, can Bob listen ? I just did a program on GOOD news last nite at 10 CST. If you have an e-mail, I can send you a copy free. I mention Jesus' healing power and a few scriptures that could be a blessing. Or you can go to Nowami.org click the Kingdom update page, click Taking advantage talking with Tom and fish it out of the archives yourself. Have a great day !
Make $ 5,000.00 come to your door over and over Target up to 50 zip codes, low rate monthly ads on internet LocalAdlink.net/Goldenman Attend our meeting in Honolulu Sep 10,11
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/6/2008 8:43:41 AM
Tom, I believe he has a radio and television in his room. Thanks for the link, I'll take a look.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!