Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Fundamental Belief Number 15 - Baptism
10/4/2006 10:41:35 PM

Please share with me your experience with baptism!

~~~~~~~~~~~

15. Baptism:
By baptism we confess our faith in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, and testify of our death to sin and of our purpose to walk in newness of life. Thus we acknowledge Christ as Lord and Saviour, become His people, and are received as members by His church. Baptism is a symbol of our union with Christ, the forgiveness of our sins, and our reception of the Holy Spirit. It is by immersion in water and is contingent on an affirmation of faith in Jesus and evidence of repentance of sin. It follows instruction in the Holy Scriptures and acceptance of their teachings. (Rom. 6:1-6; Col. 2:12, 13; Acts 16:30-33; 22:16; 2:38; Matt. 28:19, 20.)

+0
Re: Fundamental Belief Number 15 - Baptism
10/4/2006 11:49:51 PM

Thankyou so much for sharing your teaching. This will be great for our Bible study group.

In His Anointing,

Pastor Lynn

+0
Geketa Holman

2080 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/5/2006 9:18:35 AM

For the longest time I didn't feel that water baptism was of any importance. Now let me explain why I felt that way. Jesus said for, John truly baptized with water, but when the Holy Spirit comes you will be baptized with fire. I took this to mean that when the holy spirit came on the day of Pentecost that water baptism was no longer needed. One day when I while I was praying the Holy Spirit kept saying baptism is your first act of obedience . I tried to ignore it, but when you get convicted of something it is like a nagging mom telling you to clean up your messy room. It just won't go away. For several months I kept getting this same tug . and the same words.. Baptism is your first act of obedience. Finally, after much prayer and study I decided that I should be baptized, so I went to my pastor and asked him to baptise me. He was surprised that I had never been water baptised, because I had been attending his church for a very long time. It was painless and afterwards many of the things I had been struggling with became less of a problem in my life. I don't believe the water really does anything, but the act is what is important, because G-d looks on the intent of the heart .

Blessings ,

Geketa

Hear, O Israel the L-rd our G-d,the L-rd is one http://www.DHGBoutique.com
+0
Geketa Holman

2080 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/5/2006 9:19:14 AM

For the longest time I didn't feel that water baptism was of any importance. Now let me explain why I felt that way. Jesus said for, John truly baptized with water, but when the Holy Spirit comes you will be baptized with fire. I took this to mean that when the holy spirit came on the day of Pentecost that water baptism was no longer needed. One day when I while I was praying the Holy Spirit kept saying baptism is your first act of obedience . I tried to ignore it, but when you get convicted of something it is like a nagging mom telling you to clean up your messy room. It just won't go away. For several months I kept getting this same tug . and the same words.. Baptism is your first act of obedience. Finally, after much prayer and study I decided that I should be baptized, so I went to my pastor and asked him to baptise me. He was surprised that I had never been water baptised, because I had been attending his church for a very long time. It was painless and afterwards many of the things I had been struggling with became less of a problem in my life. I don't believe the water really does anything, but the act is what is important, because G-d looks on the intent of the heart .

Blessings ,

Geketa

+0
Geketa Holman

2080 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/5/2006 9:21:56 AM

sorry for the double post everyone .. I am not sure how that happened..

blessings

Geketa

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!