Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Fundamental Belief Number 15 - Baptism
10/5/2006 10:52:04 PM
Hi Pastor Lynn, where is your bible study group meeting at?
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/5/2006 11:05:06 PM

Geketa, that's ok, sometimes there's a glitch in the system that allows two copies to come out.

When I was thirteen years old, I was at a place called Malamulo College, which in the Chichewa (Malawi, Africa) language means the place of the Ten Commandments. My father was a Bible Teacher there and there was also a big trauma center and hospital on the campus. We had many missionary doctors, nurses, and student missionaries there also.  They also had a Cessna 185 that was stationed there on the airstrip, that was used for medical missions in what they called the northern field.

At any rate, I had been through a series of Bible Studies in a group of young people about my age and we all felt impressed by the Holy Spirit and decided to get baptized. I will never forget the experience, as I along with my sister and 150 other blacks and missionary kids were all baptized at the same time. It took several hours, and a baptizmal font was used that was outside the church. The clouds rolled around and I thought for sure it was going to rain, as it was a tropical climate, but you know, it did not rain until the service was over. My Dad did the honors.

+0
10/6/2006 12:07:48 AM

When I was baptized ,( the last time ) it was wonderful !  The reason is because I had been baptized about two times before I came to my church am at now. The reason, is because as I moved around I joined several churches,and most churches want you to be baptized into their Church, and some would take a letter from your last church you attended. Anyway I also was looking for the church that was going to teach me about Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father.When I came to my church that I am at now I knew that I would never have to be baptized again, not only did I feel it, I knew it and I have been a member of my church since 1982. I hold John 3:16 to my heart this very day and it was one of the first verses I learned.

Take care all . And I enjoyed reading about what you all had to say. (Ms) Billie

Billie J. Rice
+0
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/6/2006 1:35:09 PM

Hi Jim,

thanks for the invite, I believe that we are baptized in the spirit the moment we confess our belief in JESUS CHRIST,  my example will be the thief on the cross... He confessed his belief and was instantly saved !! Jesus' answer to him was thst 'this day you shall be with me in paradise.'

stay blessed all

Pauline R

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/7/2006 1:25:08 PM

Hi Pauline, not everyone has the opportunity to be baptized like your example. But for those who do, it's an outward expression of faith that is shared with other believers and I feel you are blessed by doing it.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!