Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: POLL: Should personal attacks be allowed? Anonymous vote.
9/24/2006 2:12:05 PM
Hi Linda,

I do not believe there should be personal attacks. I believe specific issues should be addressed. Some have viewed even the specific issues you have raised Linda as personal attacks.

I believe the issues need to be addressed especially if someone could be hurt by not mentioning them.

David
DrDA Detox and Heal
435-616-5480 - dblack@dbresearchlc.com
Hello Healthy
No Stress
+0
9/24/2006 2:12:26 PM

Hi...

Arild posted:
=================
When it commes to personal attack, it can be Yes and No, as sometimes there are people there  most be warned about. =================

I politely disagree. Here is an example;

In the fall of 2005, I posted many warnings that I believed 12dailypro looked like an illegal ponzi. It has since been shut down as an illegal ponzi. People who made illegal profit are being investigated.

AT NO TIME did I personally name or personally attack the Adland members that were coaxing their 'friends' to join 12DP.  I warned about the 'thing' without attacking people.

It is God's job to judge humans for their actions; not mine, not yours and not anyone else's.

As the saying goes; let he who has committed no sin cast the first stone.

Linda

+0
Lloyd Cope

1251 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
9/24/2006 2:21:58 PM

Hello Linda.

You hit a home run with that post.  That's exactly how it should be handled.  Then it's up to us to decide to join the program or not.

What I've been reading in these forums seem more like personal attacks instead of warnings.

Thank you for your thoughtly post.

Lloyd Cope

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/24/2006 2:26:25 PM

Hi Linda,

If an individual or small group has a problem with another individual, then use the private messages and discuss them like Adults.  What has transpired this week, has no place in the Forums, has been an Embarassment to all of those who USED to think of this as a Friendly Community of PROFESSIONALS, and has caused me to think very seriously about inviting any outside Friends or Business Associates to join me here.  I don't think I need the referral money that badly!

Phil Black

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
9/24/2006 3:28:44 PM

Hi...

Thanks Lloyd.

Phil, you made a comment that I think bears repeating...

====
What has transpired this week ...... has caused me to think very seriously about inviting any outside Friends or Business Associates to join me here.  I don't think I need the referral money that badly!
====

Good point.

The admin for every forum has the ability to delete posts. One way to make an attacker rethink their words is to delete them.

I use the three strikes policy. I will delete 3 times. After that, the offending poster will be banned. I have never had to delete more than twice. When rules are enforced, people tend to learn fast what is and is not acceptable.

L

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!