Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: POLL: Should personal attacks be allowed? Anonymous vote.
9/24/2006 12:28:10 PM
Hello Linda,

I think it is 100% clear that personal attacks should not be made on any Internet community forums or anywhere else for that matter.

I agree with Kathleen that civil discussions are a great idea  - that's what forums are all about sometimes, but attacks, public or private are non contructive and often hurtful and damaging to the individuals and the community as a whole.

There is a way of dealing with things - openly and directly, without "hidden agendas" that encourage healthy networking.

And, in light of the recent events, I have forum on the same subject which you might enjoy - it deals with The Impulsive Posting Finger Virus.

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/468220/ShowThread.aspx

Saludos
Jenny

+0
Geir Sjaastad

138 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
9/24/2006 12:30:23 PM
Personal attacs, NO Thats to be in privat arreas
Warnings and messages YES Thats warnings to the public about issus that involves the community. But they must be founded in evidence and not in belives.

Klogswork for Teamwork

Home: Klogswork

Blog: Working with MLM

+0
Rudy Hiebert(rudyhiebert.myamsoil.c

1086 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
9/24/2006 12:31:11 PM
Personal attacks on a forum is different than criticism of behaviors and M.O. or beliefs & strategies. If a friend tells me that my fly is open, I'll thank him/her but I doubt that most here fit into that catagory. We'er here to make connections and relationships that build our circle of influence to make a positive contribution and a difference to each others' businesses and well being, whatever that is. This may not be the agenda of some here but it's mine and that's what I see to be good goal. 
+0
Lisa Reddell

254 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
9/24/2006 12:39:16 PM
Hello Linda,

No, personal attacks should not be allowed here at Adland. It is not only NOT the right place to air problems, but very unprofessional as well.  I am sharing below what our fearless leader, and owner of AdlandPro, Bogdan Fiedur, posted in this forum, page 12, and I quote:

"
Hello Everybody,

I spent some time yesterday reading this thread and I'm amazed how antagonized this community has become. To say the least, this is worrisome.
Yesterday I have started promotion and we have over 700 new members since then.  Over the next two days we should have additional 1000.
I'm not sure what they will think about this community after they read this thread and see the problems people are having here.
If you are willing to solve some problems, find a way to do that in a peaceful and professional way.
Accusing a person of actions in a public forum which has never been proven or are just gossips is as bad as the action criticized.

I'm really disappointed. 

If you are making any accusations here and have no way to back it up, be warned, you are as guilty as the person you are trying to accuse and there may be legal consequences.
Remember this forum as well as the others' community forums are visible to the entire world and archived by Google and Alexa within hours.
Deleting them won't do anything as they can be retrieved from sites which purpose is to archive the internet if needed.

If we continue to see more flames and accusations without substance, we will be forced to take actions towards specific members.

Bogdan Fiedur

Adlandpro CEO"

End quote

I must agree with Bogdan. I am disappointed. Terribly disappointed. I am going to continue doing what I do, and stay outta this mess.

Toodles,

Lisa :)

Lisa Reddell :`)
Do you love candles?
+0
Deborah Skovron

2979 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/24/2006 1:37:56 PM

Hi Linda,

This is a big community and as such there are going to be disagreements. BUT, personal attacks are a whole different ballgame and should not be tolerated.

I enjoy a good spar with someone every now and again but not when it turns personal.

I also think the warnings about certain opportunities are totally founded. There are a lot of people here that don't know a thing about internet marketing, and deserve the right to hear the other side of the rainbow.

We should look out for each other, but if someone decides to go against someones warning, so be it. Let them be and move on.

This whole affair is getting sophmoric.

Thanks, Linda.

Your Good Friend

Deborah

BrandName Kidswear starting at $2.65. http://debs-kids.com 12 Page Book thats creating miracles...FREE http://www.debs-kids.com/star-thrower.pdf Where Money Grows Like Kids
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!