Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
POLL: Should personal attacks be allowed? Anonymous vote.
9/24/2006 11:17:48 AM

Hi:

In my forum I have 2 rules:
   1) No blatant ads in posts. Ads go in the sig file. 
   2) No personal attacks on anyone.

I think those 2 rules work very well in this forum. Members know they are free to exchange thoughts and opinions without fear of being attacked personally. Not all forums use those 2 rules and we do see personal attacks occurring elsewhere.

As an Advisor, I'd like members to weigh in and tell us how you feel about personal attacks. Your vote is anonymous.

If you want to leave comments, please feel welcome to do so in a post.

Thanks,
Linda

P.S. Please pass this url on to your friends so we can get a good representation of the Adland community in the results.

POLL: Should personal attacks be allowed? Anonymous vote.
Total Votes: 44

Please login to vote.
+0
Re: POLL: Should personal attacks be allowed? Anonymous vote.
9/24/2006 11:34:33 AM

No ! ersonal attack are not welcome and we are suppose to help eatch other to reach a better level in our life dont you think so!

Have a good day every one !

http://www.windowwashingsystem.com

Good topic Linda !!!!!!

+0
9/24/2006 11:41:52 AM
Thank You for invite Linda

I have missed You lately, as Your forums always are great to read for me, and I believe many more with me, when it comes to marketing, internet and much more.

I recommend all to download Linda`s report from her website, as it has some good info for all who want to do biz online.

When it commes to personal attack, it can be Yes and No, as sometimes there are people there  most be warned about. But as it is now, to much bad things has happened and I hope it will end soon as it hurts us all if it last to long be reading all this negative posts. Most things thats happens in public is because there is SO much bad going on "in the backside", troug personal messages, private e-mails, communicationsystems as Yahoo/Skype/Msn etc..

I believe in peace and seriousity, and that we hopefully will get it back after some problems has been solved.

I hope You continue with Your awesome job, as You gives me a lot good reading and knowledge, and my brain gets something else to work with.

Thanks again Linda, and take care...

Best regards
Arild
+0
9/24/2006 11:55:58 AM
Hi Linda.. I am quite new here but I certainly dont think personal attacks are justified at all. Being advised about certain things or programs that may help us is a far better way. Slanging matches are for the back yard. Best regards Mike
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/24/2006 11:56:05 AM
I don't believe in "attacks" but I think civil discussions about things such as behavior in forums or personal mail could be openly talked about, and I also think some new rules for POTW could be in order, such as nominees must only have one account, or nominees are not allowed to vote.  The loss of a few votes would be better than wondering if one person has cast multiple votes for themself, I'm not saying that happened, but it's questionable.  What's to stop someone from having 100 accounts and sweeping the election for themself?  Now that I've mentioned it, it brings the entire POTW election into question, not just this time but for all future elections. 
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!