Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Missing-Lost-Kidnapped
6/30/2006 4:00:14 PM
Hi Mary (which Mary??) I would be very interested if someone could clarify this "new law". Adland is Canadian owned with a world wide membership. I am a member of several other forum sites - two american and two english - all professional or business based sites. And my sons are also members of several forums of their own - some American owned. We always have to supply personal data (which is not made public) including date of birth, valid email address, address, country amongst other requirements. As far as I am aware these, and certainly my ones, comply with all laws and not one has asked me to post a personal photo - generally we all use avators. Which new laws are these. I like to get my facts straight. Can someone help me? I reiterate my previous comments - no one can prove that the people in the photos are the people they say they are. A criminal or scammer is as likely to hide behind a false identity as they are to hide behind a logo. I feel sad for the people here, who for deeply personal or religious reasons do not feel able to put a personal photo on line (including women at risk from personal harm). They will now have to become anonymous silouhettes or start put fake photos. I await enlightenment. Jenny
+0
Tanya V.

683 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
6/30/2006 4:57:37 PM
LOL!! Oh my gosh, you are one funny lady! Have a great weekend! :)
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/30/2006 5:07:22 PM
Tanya, This a.m. it seemed appripriate to use humor. However, I am crying on the inside. Many months were spent building relationships with people. I made forums to assist people. Forums were made to promote Adlandpro....that would assist the community as a whole. One forum has had 6,000 visitors. I received e-mails from people seeking help because the panda was so easy to locate. I do not know if I have the energy to continue. This will be like starting over after a death. I feel like lightening has burned down my barn. I had planned another forum on "importance of signature line" for today. Few will recognize my work and visit so who will I be helping? Now I am having a pity party!!
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/30/2006 5:12:42 PM
Jenny, Thank you for pointing our how people who do not wish to have their photo displayed must feel at this point. If race, religion, culture prohibits photos, our community has suffered a great loss. A siloutte or fake photo is the only alternative.
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/30/2006 5:50:24 PM
Pam, Are we sisters. You look just like me. I am laughing on the outside and crying on the inside. How can so much work disappear so suddenly.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!