Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: A Tasty Fish Dish To Start With
3/16/2015 5:53:38 PM
Hi Phil,
So glad to hear you can go out to eat. Also, very nice of Cracker Barrel to give their recipe.
When my friend I visit Cracker Barrel she always get their pancakes. She just loves their pancakes. Me I would much rather have a nice dinner. I always get their fried apples, which is my favorite.
I will be checking on their new line next time I got there. The catfish sounds wonderful.

Organic Coconut Recipe
Easy Gluten-free Coconut Cookies Recipe

Organic Coconut Recipe

Organic Coconut:

Easy Gluten-free Coconut Cookies

Ingredients:

• 140 grams (5 oz) raw almond meal
  • 50 grams (1.75 oz) unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 35 grams (1.25 oz) coconut flakes Let’s Do…Organic® Organic Coconut Flakes
  • 45 grams (1.6 oz) brown rice syrup
  • 1 large egg or egg substitute
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/8 tsp salt

Steps:

1. Pre-heat oven to 350F.
  2. Mix all ingredients by hand.
  3. Spoon out 1 inch balls onto cookie sheet and flatten with a fork.
  4. Bake for 15-18 minutes or when the edges are golden brown.
  5. Cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheet.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+1
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/17/2015 12:34:27 AM

Hi Myrna,

Thanks for the tasty Coconut Cookie recipe. They sound delicious.

You know how much I love Fish, plus the Coconut and the Nuts add a little tasty extra, so we have this quite often. This is a nice change of pace, and tasty tasty. Sweet and spicy at the same time.

Nutty Cocont Fish

Ingredients

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+1
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/19/2015 11:57:13 PM

Hello My Friends,

Here's one that I've always liked and I thought that you all might as well. Panko is the secret ingredient that makes these crispy, oven-fried fish fillets a family favorite at my house. The lemon-dill sauce is the perfect compliment and great for dipping. For sustainability reasons, be sure to choose Alaskan cod, or substitute either Halibut or Tilapia. Serves 4.

Crispy Fish With Lemon-Dill Sauce

Ingredients

2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
1/2 teaspoon paprika
3/4 teaspoon onion powder
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
4 (6-ounce) skinless cod fillets
1 teaspoon black pepper
3/8 teaspoon salt
Cooking spray
1/4 cup canola mayonnaise (such as Hellmann's)
2 tablespoons finely chopped dill pickle
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
Lemon wedges
Directions
1. Preheat broiler to high.

2. Place egg whites in a shallow dish. Combine panko, paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder in a shallow dish. Sprinkle fish evenly with pepper and salt. Dip each fillet in egg white, then dredge in panko mixture; place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.

3. Combine mayonnaise, pickle, lemon juice, and dill. Serve with fish and lemon wedges.

Have A Terrific Thursday My Friends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+1
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/25/2015 2:12:37 AM

Hello My Friends,

Tonight's dish combines some definite Italian flavors by pairing two of my favorite shellfish selections, Shrimp and Scallops, with some tender Linguine pasta. Serves 8.

Fra Diavolo Sauce With Pasta

Ingredients

4 tablespoons extra virgin light olive oil, divided

+1
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/27/2015 2:19:55 AM

Hello My Friends,

Serve this Thai-inspired Halibut dish for a quick and easy dinner in just minutes. Soak up the delicious coconut-red curry sauce with a side of seasoned rice and bok choy. Serves 4.

Haliut With Cocont-Red curry Sauce

Ingredients

4 (6-ounce) halibut fillets

1 cup chopped onion

1/2 cup chopped green onions

1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
1 cup light coconut milk
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon fish sauce
3/4 teaspoon red curry paste
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
Directions

1. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish to pan; cook 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Remove fish from pan; keep warm.

2. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to pan. Add onion, green onions, and ginger; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in coconut milk and the next 4 ingredients (through coriander). Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in basil and juice.

Seasoned rice with bok choy: Combine 1 1/2 cups water and 3/4 cup basmati rice in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 12 minutes. Stir in 2 cups chopped baby bok choy; cover and cook 8 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Combine 1 1/2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon dark sesame oil; stir into rice mixture.

Have A Terrific Thursday

Phil

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!