Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: A Tasty Fish Dish To Start With
4/13/2015 5:24:00 PM
Hi Phil,

Have you ever been on Luella May site? I know she would love to have all the good recipes that you post. Check it out here: http://www.tbyil.com/healthy_recipes.htm
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/13/2015 5:48:33 PM
Hi Myrna,

Yes, I stop by every time there's a new forum thread that sounds interesting. Of course, she's always welcome to drop by here anytime and share with us.

Have A Great Week My Friend,

Phil
“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/14/2015 3:19:41 AM
Hello Friends,

Serve up this tasty seafood entrée with some roasted sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts. It would make a healthy, yet elegant dish to make for your family.

Baked Fish Fillets With Thyme-Dijon Topping

Ingredients

cooking spray
4 grouper or other mild fish fillets (about 4 ounces each), rinsed and patted dry
3 Tbsp light tub margarine (make sure it is trans-fat-free)
2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
1 tsp Dijon mustard (lowest sodium available)
1/4 tsp dried thyme, crumbled
1/4 tsp red hot-pepper sauce
1/8 tsp salt

Preparation

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.

Place the fish on the baking sheet. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.

Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the remaining ingredients.

Spread the margarine mixture over the fish.

Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Onions and Brussels Sprouts

Ingredients

1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 pound Brussels sprouts, outer leaves trimmed, cut in half
1 14.4-oz. bag frozen pearl onions, thawed, patted dry
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil
Preparation

Preheat oven to 400°F. Mist a baking sheet with cooking spray. Toss all ingredients together in a bowl. Spread on sheet in a single layer; roast until tender, 35 to 40 minutes, stirring twice.

Have A Wonderful Evening,

Phil
“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/19/2015 8:49:04 PM
Hello My Friends,

Sorry I've been away so long, but life has a way of disrupting things. Anyway, after a short stay in the Hospital for some minor surgery, I'm back with another healthy Fish recipe. Now you can bring the bourbon from the bar and into the kitchen. The rich flavor of the bourbon brings out both the saltiness of the soy sauce and the sweetness of the brown sugar in this delicious dish. For those of us who have to follow a heart-healthy diet, the omega-3 fatty acids and low sodium in this dish make it a healthy delight. Serves 4.

Bourbon-Glazed Salmon

Ingredients
  • 3 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 3 tablespoons bourbon
  • 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 4 (6-ounce) skinless salmon fillets
  • Cooking spray
  • 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
  • 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
Preparation

Combine first 7 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add fish to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator 1 1/2 hours, turning occasionally.

Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add fish and marinade to pan; cook fish 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Place 1 fillet on each of 4 plates; drizzle each serving with about 2 teaspoons sauce. Sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon green onions and 3/4 teaspoon sesame seeds.

Have A Great Evening,

Phil
+1
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/20/2015 3:48:12 AM
sounds yummy Phil. I am glad you are recovered now.

Pat
I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!