Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Helen Elias

1370 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
RE: Welcome to our Mold Mare.
6/29/2013 12:58:03 AM

Hello again ...

I should add something here but first let me say I didn`t realize Jim Allen had already talked about air conditioners. Great minds think alike, don`t they, Jim? :)) Well, I don`t know about yours but mine is pretty `great` .....just kidding!

The `something` I`d like to address is that mold usually does not grow on metals and non-porous surfaces if they are clean. What happens is that dirt, dust and debris from outside collects in the air conditioner. Motels, especially, have a lot of dust and debris stirred up from the nearby traffic.
The AC gives off moisture resulting in the debris and moisture giving mold what it needs to grow.

The cleaning of ACs is often overlooked for years especially in commercial places. It isn`t that someone is too lazy to do the job or that
the hotel is too cheap to get them cleaned although that could be a part of the problem but often it is that they just don`t realize what is happening.

If a person keeps going back into that environment over and over again, they become very sick and eventually the body cannot get rid of the mycotoxins even when they get out of that environment. I knew of a couple of women who conducted large meetings. They were often on the road for weeks at a time and always staying in hotels and motels.

They both became totally incapacitated and spent thousands of dollars trying to find out what was wrong with them. It isn`t that doctors are in denial about this so much as they just don`t know about mycotoxins. You can bet they would have known about them if the pharmaceutical companies had a drug for that and wanted them to know. The pharmaceutical companies make a fortune by not training doctors about mycotoxins because often the affected people spend a fortune on various drugs before they finally find the problem. One of these two women was spending $20,000 per month on a ``special`` drug and it did nothing for her. Well, yes, it did something for her. It made her broke.

Mold also can easily grow in home ACs and under refrigerators and such.
Crawl spaces can also breed mold especially if there is a leak from the household plumbing somewhere. My neighbor used to sprinkle lime in his crawl space. Jim, you are the expert. Would it help to put lime in a crawl space?

Helen

Quote:

Hello everyone

One place where mold grows, and many are not aware of it, is in air conditioners. They are often not cleaned regularly and when mold grows in them, the mold strewn all over the room. This is especially true in motels, hotels and such. Some people who are on the road a lot get very sick over time and have no idea what is wrong with them.

Helen

Spend $4 and get back $10 every time you spend. Contact me (Helen) at this email »»» zhebee@yahoo.com
+0
6/29/2013 2:06:56 AM
Well Diane,,, none of this was meant to scare you... It is just meant to inform you and hopefully take some action that will prevent you from becoming very ill.. If you have 20 or more of these symptoms then I would say there is a pretty good chance that you have been contaminated by mold.. I would start looking for mold either around your house or at work.. Any place you spend your time.. Mold is a big problem in schools and children are being made ill from it.. Mold is linked to problems like ADD Adhd and even autism.. Seriously,,, if you have 20 or more of these symptoms ,,, I would say there is mold somewhere in your environment.. I will get some people on here pretty soon who have recovered from mold illness and they will help you through this.. I know quite a bit but I don't want to give anyone the impression that I am an expert.. I'll get back to you with some helpful information Diane..
May a smile follow you to sleep each night and,,,,,be there waiting,,,,,when you awaken http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/8212/ShowForum.aspx Sincerely, Billdaddy
+0
6/29/2013 3:47:48 PM
Hello Sandy.. Welcome to our group.. Do you suspect a mold problem.. What brings you hare.. I hope we can help you...
May a smile follow you to sleep each night and,,,,,be there waiting,,,,,when you awaken http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/8212/ShowForum.aspx Sincerely, Billdaddy
+0
6/29/2013 4:07:54 PM
Hi Helen... I made a power point presentation a few years ago that supports much of what you have said in your post.. Here is the link to it in case you might want to see it... http://www.slideshare.net/Billdaddy/mold-dirty-little-bugger-take-4
+0
6/29/2013 5:24:36 PM
THERE IS NOTHING LIKE PERSONAL EXPERIENCE TO BRING HOME THE MESSAGE THAT MOLD WILL HURT YOU.. It is time to post another true life experience story from another who has been injured by mold.. Again I would like to remind you that if anything sounds familiar to you in this story,,, you might want to consider mold as a possible cause and seek some help.

I've been sick and misdiagnosed for 9 years. Conventional Dr's told me I was depressed, that I was just tired and ill from having 4 children, that it was allergies. The last one told me I had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and there was nothing I could do except take anti-depressants and excercise. A friend of mind told me about a place in Atlanta. After spending a few grand there and not getting any better, the Dr. had enough sense to look at me and tell me "there's something in your enviornment doing this to you." He wanted me to go see an ENT in Atlanta. I laughed it off. Been there, done that. Even went to the University of Birmingham as a test subject with the immunology department. I was part of a study to try to find out what was wrong with me. I couldn't get the thought of this ENT out of my mind. So, we made an appt. and went. As soon as I walked into the room, the ENT reacted to me and left the room. He came back with an oxygen mask on. I couldn't believe my eyes. He said we had mold spores on us and we were making him sick. This ENT Dr. is highly respected and has found the connection between chronic sinusitis and fungal exposure. He has studied it for decades and has written research papers and taught other Dr's on how to treat. We tested our house and immediately found the problem. Our house was only SIX years old! Nice subdivision. NO visible mold, but boy was it there. We have evidence upon evidence of water intrustion. I also tested positive for mold mycotoxins via Real Time Labs. I have a genotype that will not allow me to expel of mold toxins. We paid to have our house remediated, but it failed...as the root problem was not addressed. Misplaced weep holes in the brick and the land was graded wrong...so every time it rained...water was seeping in under the slab and bottoms of the walls. I had wondered why a new baseboard all the sudden separated from my girl's wall. Just so happened a ground level weep hole was on the exterior of that wall. We couldn't sue our builder. Alabama is a "Buyer Beware" state. We sent our builder our inspector's report but he wrote back saying it was not his problem. We lost our home and all of our belongings. We have 4 children. During the time we lived in that house, their symptoms ranged from chronic bronchitis, headaches, unexplained stomach pains, speech delay, hyper activity, mood changes, hormone damage, etc. Many of those symptoms cleared when we left that house. As for me, I am the sickest one in our family. When we left that house, I got worse instead of better. Why? Because hypersensitivity set in and I can now pick up the tiniest bits of mold and when that happens, an inflammatory response gets set off in me and I get very ill. Our way of life has changed. We have to basically seclude ourselves b/c mold is everywhere here. It's in our schools, businesses, churches and no one is doing anything about it because they don't believe mold can do this to a person.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!