Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: World Press Photo award winners!
3/4/2013 2:56:53 AM
Yes Roger, it is pretty original. And the effect of light is just like you say.

I have frequently wondered how Vermeer and other great Duch masters of painting would deal with our everyday scenes, but it escaped me the answer could be in this photo. Thanks for shedding light on it. :)

Quote:

Actually Miguel,

I agree.

I really like it.

The light from the window has that Dutch Master feel.

After all. Everyday life is just what needs to be recorded.

It really is an interesting photo.

Roger

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
3/4/2013 3:19:46 AM
It is amazing! Good photos.
+0
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/4/2013 5:54:15 PM

10_1_136.gifHi Miguel,

I stop by from time to time to see what pictures are being displayed. As these are award winning photos I wonder why torture and heartache is so much in demand. Has the violence around the world turned into something to be viewed as beauty? I don't see a lot of beauty in torturing animals for pleasure or carrying dead babies off while fighting a senseless war. Evidently those who judge these photos think differently. The girl with the babies shows sadness more then anything else.

GOD BLESS YOU

~Mike~

http://www.countryvalues65.com

Michael J. Caron (Mike) TRUTH IN ADVERTISING!! Friends First. Business Later.
+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/6/2013 10:47:21 AM
Thanks and welcome to this thread, Mandy. And feel free to visit any other threads in this forum, it will be appreciated.

Quote:
It is amazing! Good photos.

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/6/2013 11:01:55 AM
For the first time in a while I don't know what to say, Mike. I guess it depends on what is meant by 'beauty'. From an academic point of view, and I hate saying this, even the photo where the man is killing the bull can be seen as beautiful as it complies with all art standards, it even surpasses them. Light, color, composition, even thematically, it is impeccable. And yet, all of us who perceive the horror will consider it awful. But only from a compassionate, humane view, as I am afraid there are still many people, for example in my country, who love bullfighting and, incredibly, view it as highly artistic. So sorry about that.

Quote:

10_1_136.gifHi Miguel,

I stop by from time to time to see what pictures are being displayed. As these are award winning photos I wonder why torture and heartache is so much in demand. Has the violence around the world turned into something to be viewed as beauty? I don't see a lot of beauty in torturing animals for pleasure or carrying dead babies off while fighting a senseless war. Evidently those who judge these photos think differently. The girl with the babies shows sadness more then anything else.

GOD BLESS YOU

~Mike~

http://www.countryvalues65.com

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!