Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: World Press Photo award winners!
2/20/2013 1:00:36 AM

Dear friends,

Thank you very much for coming by and posting. Yes, the topics and the stories behind the awarded photos are fascinating as life itself. They show this so vividly and with such an artistic quality that beyond their powerful appeal, they let you into the life and the circumstances of the people portrayed.

Another intensely artistic work here.

The 1st prize Daily Life Stories by Fausto Podavini, Italy, shows despite her husband's life-threatening disease, Mirella devoted her life to assisting Luigi, trying to be positive and reassuring, looking after him with intense love and respect. Everyday care, usually done in a few minutes, takes hours when it concerns someone with dementia. Mirella, 71, spent 43 years of her life with the only person she loved, with all of life's difficulties, laughter, and beautiful moments. But over the last six years things changed: Mirella lived with her husband Luigi’s illness, Alzheimer’s, and devoted her life to him as his caregiver, Rome, Italy, June1, 2010. (AP Photo/Fausto Podavini)

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/20/2013 1:34:41 AM
Yet another here:

The 2nd prize Sports – Sports Action Stories by Sergei Ilnitsky, Russia, for European Pressphoto Agency, shows Alaaeldin Abouelkassem of Egypt (top) in action against Peter Joppich of Germany (C) during their Men's Foil Individual Round16 match for the London 2012 Olympic Games in London, Britain, July 31, 2012. (AP Photo/Sergei Ilnitsky, European Pressphoto Agency)

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Jo
Jo Matthias

2947 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/20/2013 2:15:08 AM
Miguel, Thank you for these photos......this is one of my favorites.

Have a great day,
Take care,
Jo

Quote:

Dear friends,

Thank you very much for coming by and posting. Yes, the topics and the stories behind the awarded photos are fascinating as life itself. They show this so vividly and with such an artistic quality that beyond their powerful appeal, they let you into the life and the circumstances of the people portrayed in them.

Another intensely artistic work here.

The 1st prize Daily Life Stories by Fausto Podavini, Italy, shows despite her husband's life-threatening disease, Mirella devoted her life to assisting Luigi, trying to be positive and reassuring, looking after him with intense love and respect. Everyday care, usually done in a few minutes, takes hours when it concerns someone with dementia. Mirella, 71, spent 43 years of her life with the only person she loved, with all of life's difficulties, laughter, and beautiful moments. But over the last six years things changed: Mirella lived with her husband Luigi’s illness, Alzheimer’s, and devoted her life to him as his caregiver, Rome, Italy, June1, 2010. (AP Photo/Fausto Podavini)

VOTE!!!! POTM!!!
+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/20/2013 10:30:54 PM
Thank you Jo, you are so kind.

Below is a photo, actually the absolute winner in the contest, that I wasn't sure whether or not
to post - so sad and distressing it is. (More on it and the Swedish photographer Paul Hansen here.)

The 2013 World Press Photo of the year by Paul Hansen, Sweden, for Dagens Nyheter, shows two-year-old Suhaib Hijazi and her three-year-old brother Muhammad who were killed when their house was destroyed by an Israeli missile strike. Their father, Fouad, was also killed and their mother was put in intensive care. Fouad’s brothers carry his children to the mosque for the burial ceremony as his body is carried behind on a stretcher in Gaza City, Palestinian Territories, Nov. 20, 2012. (AP Photo/Paul Hansen, Dagens Nyheter)

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/21/2013 10:40:55 AM

I wrote a long reply to your latest post but the editor messed it up.

The short message from my post is this.

If this sad and powerful image says it all. No excuse on either side. Tables are for sitting around.

If this photo does something to generate prayers, offers of help, or even guilt then this image is even more a deserved winner.

Roger

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!