Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: World Press Photo award winners!
3/1/2013 7:59:46 AM

Beautiful images and big contrast in the feelings provoked.

Roger

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/2/2013 10:59:09 AM

I am afraid this other awarded photo is, again, a bit shocking, albeit also beautiful in a weird fashion. I was not even sure about posting it and yet, some of its characteristics - for example, a peculiar "central" focus, actually two of them, mother and child, without a center proper - somehow make it one of my best favorites in the contest.

Second Prize, Daily Life: Taken by Soren Bidstrup, of Denmark, for Berlingske, shows a young family waking up early on a summer holiday camping trip in Jeselo, Italy

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/2/2013 2:34:35 PM

Actually Miguel,

I agree.

I really like it.

The light from the window has that Dutch Master feel.

After all. Everyday life is just what needs to be recorded.

It really is an interesting photo.

Roger

+0
Jo
Jo Matthias

2947 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/3/2013 5:45:03 PM
Some of these photos are truly disturbing, heartbreaking. Some of these I wish I had never seen.

Quote:

Another disturbing photo - at least for me. The suffering of the bull after the prolonged torture is evident in the look in his eyes. They not only express extreme misery but sheer perplexity, as if the poor beast were asking its cruel executioner, "What have I done you, why are you killing me? ¿And who are all those devils watching us?"

Second Prize, Observed Portrait Series: Spanish bullfighter Juan Jose Padilla performs during a bullfight in the southwestern Spanish town of Olivenza. It is one of a series of images by Associated Press photographer Daniel Ochoa de Olza.

VOTE!!!! POTM!!!
+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/4/2013 2:03:08 AM
I can perfectly understand that, Jo; I myself wish I had never seen some of those photos. And for all their artistic worth, I, like Roger, will never understand the horror they depict. To me, if there is any real merit in producing and widespreading them, it precisely resides in their efficacy as eye-openers through the fascination they exert.

Quote:
Some of these photos are truly disturbing, heartbreaking. Some of these I wish I had never seen.

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!