Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
World Press Photo award winners!
2/19/2013 3:15:05 AM
Dear friends, I am so glad to bring this selection to you.

World Press Photo award winners

World Press Photo, one of photojournalism's most prestigious contests, issued awards in nine categories to 54 photographers of 32 nationalities. (View Gallery here)

The 1st prize Sports – Sports Action Single by Wei Seng Chen, Malaysia, a jockey, his feet stepped into a harness strapped to the bulls and clutching their tails, shows relief and joy at the end of a dangerous run across rice fields. The Pacu Jawi (bull race) is a popular competition at the end of harvest season keenly contested between villages in Batu Sangkar, West Sumatra, Indonesia, Feb. 12, 2012. (AP Photo/Wei Seng Chen)

The 1st prize Contemporary Issues Single by Micah Albert, USA, for Redux Images, shows pausing in the rain, a woman working as a trash picker at the 30-acre dump, which literally spills into households of one million people living in nearby slums, wishes she had more time to look at the books she comes across. She even likes the industrial parts catalogs. “It gives me something else to do in the day besides picking trash,” she said in Nairobi, Kenya, April 3, 2012. (AP Photo/Micah Albert, Redux Images)

The 1st prize Contemporary Issues Stories by Maika Elan, Vietnam, for Most, shows Phan Thi Thuy Vy and Dang Thi Bich Bay, who have been together for one year, watch television to relax after studying at school. Vietnam has historically been unwelcoming to same-sex relationships. But its communist government is considering recognizing same-sex marriage, a move that would make it the first Asian country to do so, despite past human rights issues and a long-standing stigma. In August 2012, the country’s first public gay pride parade took place in Hanoi, Da Nang, Vietnam, June 22, 2012. (AP Photo/Maika Elan, Most)

The 2nd prize Prize People – Staged Portraits Single by Stefen Chow, Malaysia, for Smithsonian magazine, shows a portrait of Ai Wei Wei, Beijing, China, Feb. 6, 2012. (AP Photo/Stefen Chow, Smithsonian magazine)

The 3rd prize People – Observed Portraits Single by lona Szwarc, Poland, for Redux Pictures, shows Kayla posing with her lookalike doll. “American Girl” is a popular line of dolls that can be customized to look exactly like their owners. Kayla poses in front of a portrait of her ancestors in Boston, Massachusetts, USA, Feb 19, 2012. (AP Photo/lona Szwarc, Redux Pictures)

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: World Press Photo award winners!
2/19/2013 3:57:53 AM
This is a very cool forum and love these images. I intend to study them more closely over time, but wanted to let you know WOW!

love it!
+0
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/19/2013 4:27:52 AM

10_1_136.gifHi Miguel,

I believe this is going to be a good thread because these are real people with real emotions.

GOD BLESS YOU

~Mike~

http://www.countryvalues65.com

Michael J. Caron (Mike) TRUTH IN ADVERTISING!! Friends First. Business Later.
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/19/2013 6:16:29 PM
Miguel,

You always come up with the best stuff.
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0